At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Process Engineer 3 will report to the Head of SPARC (Strategy, Process, Analytics, Governance and Controls) team of Card & Retail Services Credit Operations, and lead Operations Engineering function in Card & Retail Services Credit Operations from effectiveness, efficiency and operational risk point of view. This role will partner closely with a broad range of partner groups of Credit Operations, Application Fraud Prevention, Finance, Technology Groups, Credit Risk, Product, Marketing and Finance groups, and project management groups.
The Process Engineer position will be responsible for leveraging process improvement methodologies and analytics to identify actionable improvement opportunities and insights to improve operations from effectiveness, efficiency and operational risk standpoint. This lead will work with many different groups to drive improvement actions on these insights.
- Develop and lead process redesign initiatives that encompass analyses of end-to-end processes as they exists today, and future state considerations
- Leads integrated process analyses using established process tools to identify control gaps and to recommends solutions
- Identifies process improvement opportunities from effectiveness, efficiency, customer experience and operational risk standpoint using various process improvement tools
- Establish a process management framework of ongoing monitoring to quickly identify potential issues and put in place processes to promptly pinpoint root causes and to address these issues
- Identify and implement a comprehensive system of preventive and systemic control monitoring in place that act as leading indicators of potential future issues or opportunities
- Leverage analytics to identify anomalies that may lead to identification of potential issues or improvement opportunities
- Identify trends and perform holistic analysis of various trends by working with a broad range of partner groups, such as Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.
- Create environment of best practice sharing and continuous improvement working with other consumer-like businesses
- Complete benchmarking with other external and internal groups to identify opportunities of improvements
- Work with very senior leaders of the organization and present findings and updates
Specifically, we seek:
- Personal Capabilities (Solves problems and analyzes issues): This person must be able to analyze complex issues, understand multiple constituents’ points of view, and arrive at a well-balanced, informed opinion of the issue.
- Focus on Results (Takes initiative): This person must be comfortable stepping into complex issues. This includes proactively identifying issues, gathering the relevant constituents, and escalating as needed.
- Interpersonal Skills (Communicates powerfully and prolifically): This person must be an active communicator, skilled at both parsing facts from opinions and clearly articulating the elements and resolutions of a complex issue. Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, and be comfortable communicating up and down within the organization
- Character (Displays high integrity and honesty): This person must be results focused and driven to get to the right answer, and recognizes that assigning blame (implicitly or explicitly) only slows down the process of solving the issue.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt and 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics or engineering)
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Consumer lending experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of process improvement methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Ability to mine and analyze data form multiple sources while deriving key business insights
- Develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the business.
- Ability to work independently; ability to organize, prioritize, and lead multiple projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Relationship building at senior levels and ability to drive decision making through a consensus building approach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive change.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational procedures, operations and applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Management experience in an analytical or process management environment
- WF Enterprise Process Engineering Advanced learning level or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt must be documented as completed within 1 year of job start date