This position is focused on surface functionalization of the surfaces for optimization in molecular profiling/ genomics. Organic chemistry knowledge is a requirement for this job. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with semiconductor process engineers therefore understanding of semiconductor processing (etch, deposition, clean) is desired but not required. The candidate should have a strong experimental background and be able to propose mechanisms, design the plan, conduct the experiments and analyze the data in order to identify process trends, underlying mechanisms.
- Experience in surface functionalization
- In depth understanding of organic chemistry, interaction of organic compounds with surfaces
- Ability to work both independently and closely in collaboration with a diversified, multi-industries cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in chemistry is a must