$80K — $100K *
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
The Engineer 3 is responsible for the application of engineering principles through participation in the collection and analysis of data and the initial preparation of satisfactory designs and technical reports. The Engineer 3 must become familiar with the technical staff, methods, practices, and procedures of the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide accurate, on schedule engineering and design services.
• Cooperate with parallel activities within the firm including the other engineering disciplines and office administrative functions.
• Develop technical solutions of assigned projects; including field observations and evaluations, research and collection of data to be utilized in developing technical solutions.
• Complete assignments within time frame allocated without sacrificing the integrity of the end results.
• Ensure that all assigned work is completed with accuracy and thoroughness.
• Mentor and respond to technical questions by drafters, designers and Engineers I and II to assist in their professional development.
• Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations relevant to assigned tasks.
• Successfully apply all capabilities in order to develop professionally.
• Obtain information from historical records, previous projects, etc. to be utilized in analysis of specific project tasks.
• Prepare departmental task hour estimates for projects subject to supervisor approval.
• Coordinate the drafting efforts or subconsultant efforts required on a project. (Subject to supervisor review.)
• Check design calculations performed by Engineer I & II.
• Perform calculations and application of components; maintain organized calculations for review by Lead Engineer / Supervisor.
• Provide competent, accurate, economical engineering designs, and/or specifically assigned tasks.
• Provide detailed correspondence such that all project issues are handled in a clear and concise manner.
• Prepare / check reports, plans and specification in an efficient manner within schedule and budget.
• Provide smooth coordination of assigned project tasks to maximize productivity and efficient utilization of staff and/or equipment.
• Seek to continually gain practical engineering experience that will enable a broader utilization of capabilities.
• Assist supervisor with staff assignments to ensure that production goals are met.
• Understand the Louis Perry & Associates Quality Policy Statement.
• Follow the Quality System Procedures Manual and Work Instructions
• Outside contacts may include clients, utilities, manufacturers, governmental agencies and contractors regarding questions or additional information needed on projects.
• Internal contacts may include drafting personnel, designers, engineers, supervisors, and project managers for coordination and/or assignment of project tasks, to resolve any problems or obtain information required.
• Decisions are primarily design or recommendation related and are governed by established guidelines and criteria.
• Major types of decisions in this position may include assistance to supervisor, technical methods to be used, adequacy of final technical results and determination of external input required for project (data, surveys, etc.)
• Perform assignments within established budgets.
• Position has no approval authority for expenditures including subconsultant services, departmental supplies, software, books, etc. but may be asked to obtain quotations for approval by the Engineering Supervisor.
Supervisors and Subordinates
• The Process Engineer 3 shall report to the Department Supervisor for administration and technical direction.
• No direct supervision of others, but responsible to coordinate and review project specific work efforts of others such as drafters, designers and Engineers 1 and 2 positions.
• Engineering Supervisor will provide direct control over this position as to assignments and professional development.
• Various higher-level Engineers will give task supervision on assigned projects.
• Coordination with support personnel in preparation of reports or plans which conform to established guidelines. Any changes, problems or discrepancies of any significance will be discussed with supervisor for decision; and the degree of authority is controlled by the supervisor.
The Engineer 3 shall be well qualified by reason of education and experience to effectively discharge his/her duties. At a minimum, the Engineer 3 should be a graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the Engineering field, and preferably be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.).
Skills and Abilities
• Computer aptitude to include knowledge of computer-aided drafting design systems.
• Ability to guide and supervise the work of others.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong leader.
• Team player attitude.
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Cost conscious.
• Works overtime as required.
Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Engineering experience in specialty chemical, oil/gas, polymer, renewable natural gas
- Experience in various industrial markets with: Aspen Plus and Aspen Hysys system modeling including steady state and dynamic simulations, vessel sizing, PSV sizing, and flarenet
- AutoCAD and Smart P&IDs
-Developing heat and mass balances, process flow diagram (PFD), piping & instrumentation diagram (P&ID), and control narratives
- Hydraulic calculations for compressible, incompressible, and non-newtonian fluids, relief/safety system
- Instrumentation design/specifications
- Process equipment specifications including separation units, reactors, pumps, compressors heat exchangers, etc.
- PSM including HAZOP/LOPA/SIL
- Codes (i.e. ASME, NFPA, API, etc.)
Amount of Travel Required
Valid through: 1/29/2022
$100K — $150K *