Great Management Opportunity with an Industry Leading Heat Treatment Organization.
Process and Quote Development Manager (Production Supervisory and Management Experience REQUIRED)
The selected professional for the role of Plant Process Development and Quoting Specialist will be tasked with developing and providing exceptional customer support by working with the customer to build a quote for their RFQ activities, providing the specifics of the price, timing for delivery, process utilized within the production operation along with any secondary operations required to complete the customer order.
The Process Development and Quoting Role will be interfacing with the plant production department and other departments necessary for providing the most accurate quote for the customer and work instructions for the production staff and plant floor operations.
The role will be responsible for working with Visual Shop / Cornerstone for entering the details of the customer quote, organize drawings and track the project activity. The Process and Quote Development Specialist will need to communicate effectively with the client about any specific requests, recommendations and insight into the project to make sure the product is delivered to the customer on time, budget and to specification.
- Minimum of five years of heat treat experience.
- Bachelor’s Degreedesired, not required with heat treat experience
- Minimum of two years quoting and process set up / development within a commercial heat treat environment AND OR PRODUCTION Supervisory and or Management Experience
- Experience in Batch lines, Vacuum, Belt lines, & Tempering ovens. Harden & tempering being quenched in oil, water, and air. Carburizing, carbo-nitriding, annealing, normalizing, induction hardening, solution & aging of aluminum, solution treating, vacuum hardening, support areas to include selective painting, straightening, and cleaning.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and e-mail programs.
- Excellent customer relations skills to build, maintain, and improve relationships.
- Able to satisfy customer requirements and keep the best interest of the company in mind.
- Proven track record in producing exceptional results.
- Understand customer specifications, IE: John Deere, Caterpillar, Automotive, etc...
- Responsible for determining best heat treat solution for quality, lead times, equipment capacity and profit targets.
- Must have excellent internal & external communications.
- Match quotes, prints, & purchase orders to determine process.
- Determine best heat treat solutions to meet customer & companies profit needs in the following areas:
- Load Size
- Equipment & Support equipment
- Heat Specification
- Material (1045’s, 4140’s, 8620’s, 1018’s, etc.)
- Work Order
Advanced Product Quality Planning
- APQP team member responsible to determine if APQP applies and document the results from the meetings.
- Required to work close with Scheduling and Production to meet customer and operation needs.
- Quotes heat treatment process for new parts in visual shop, a cornerstone program.
- Revise and create programs or recipes to correctly process new and existing product.
- Responsible for up to date prints and specification requirements.
- Establishes heat treatment process for new parts based on customer’s requirements
- Attends daily standup meeting for scheduling and planning
- Reviews Daily Billing to confirm accuracy to quoted price
- Recommends process improvements
- Assists and/or develops PFMEA’s, Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Assists and/or leads problem solving teams
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.