Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Welcome! At Micron, we solve challenging tactical and technical problems meeting the demands of our fast-paced and dynamic development environment! As a Thin Films Process Development Engineer, you will develop and optimize novel solutions to thin film deposition challenges for the next generations of Micron's memory devices. You will to take ideas from conception, through development to deployment in manufacturing. You will be working in a very collaborative atmosphere where you will interact with various groups such as process integration, electrical failure analysis, yield improvement, manufacturing, and various semiconductor equipment manufacturers. We have the goal to ensure the robust solutions to challenges that meet the detailed physical and electrical requirements for Micron's industry leading memory products. You will have the opportunity to drive and define Micron's thin film technology roadmaps and generating intellectual property which will has a direct influence on Micron's global leadership in semiconductor manufacturing.Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Develop, optimize and characterize thin film processes to meet the requirements of groundbreaking high-density 3D NAND.
- Performing fundamental research to drive innovative solutions for next-generation products.
- Collaborating with process integration and other process development teams to develop innovative solutions.
- Optimizing deposition processes to reduce cost, process variability, GHG emissions, and improve process capability.
- Conducting root cause and failure mode analysis to understand the limitations of current hardware and driving vendors for solutions.
- Maintaining a technology development pilot manufacturing line.
- Support process transfer to production facilities (some minimal travel may be required).
Education and Experience:
- Hands on experience of thin film deposition and characterization.
- Understanding of growth and characterization of thin films. Knowledge of thermodynamics, chemical kinetics and their direct application to films deposition; CVD, ALD and plasma processing and its impact on film properties are plus.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Use extensive technical knowledge to guide decisions and strategies for a project.
- Ability to resolve sophisticated issues through root-cause or model-based problem solving.
- Proficiency with data analysis, DOE, and statistical techniques is assumed. Data science experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction, and a focus on meeting commitments.
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Experience in programming or scripting is desirable.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing, solid-state device physics, or plasma physics is desirable.
Ph. D. (or equivalent education) in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or other related technical fields. Extensive process development experience may substitute for Ph.D
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn about your right to work click here.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.