At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future? At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor,
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications.
Drive and contribute to programs, providing solutions valued by customers and driving profitable growth. Work may include research, applications development, materials enhancements, process improvement and/or cost-out initiatives.
Level III: Intermediate level. Operates primarily within existing and adjacent technologies with occasional connection to new to market or new to Amcor technologies. Understands and applies core principles and processes with semi-limited, yet regularly cadenced guidance. Impact spans short- and mid-term goals. Regularly sought after for technical/product support in a core market, technology and/or process area – may include key customers.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Apply an understanding of customer needs and technology capabilities to recommend, design, develop and implement products and/or processes aligned to customer/market needs and business strategy.
- Represent the company’s technical voice with stakeholders and customers.
- Stay apprised of externally relevant technology changes and trends that may impact Amcor by engaging with suppliers.
- Drive the critical to quality specifications and develop process equipment to meet those requirements
Systems & Methods
- Leverage additional problem solving skills and methodologies. E.g Technical Research, Technical Library, Networking.
- Responsible for leading or supporting programs through stage gate.
- Plan, execute and analyze production trials with Design of Experiment, Lean Six Sigma, and statistical analysis methodology.
- Ensure proper documentation of work and contribute to knowledge library – don’t reinvent what has been invented elsewhere.
- Protect Amcor Intellectual Property while meeting stakeholder needs with proper information sharing.
- Develop and support training on standard procedures to advance company operation across the global network
- Leverage an understanding of material / polymer properties and equipment capability in order to meet customer needs.
- Use understanding of cross-functional connectivity of business processes to improve performance across the organization.
- Continuously learn and knowledge globally in order to advance capability across the organization.
- Lead technical process developments and improvements in order to generate new technology and value to Amcor.
- Engage with a global technical community for information sharing relevant to assigned area(s).
- Collaborate with areas such as Engineering, Operations and Quality to resolve technical challenges, supporting sustained solutions. This may include inputs on machine installations, initiating vendor programs and participating on new capital project teams.
- Collaborate with others to generate new, workable ideas to contribute to filling the pipeline.
- Contribute to, present and follow-up on research proposals.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Alignment to and progressing embodiment of Amcor’s Leadership Framework: Drives Vision and Purpose, Strategic Mindset, Sets Priorities and Drives Results, Customer Focus, Cultivates Innovation, Attracts and Develops Talent, Engages People and Teams
- R&D Capability Anchors: Business Acumen, Customer Impact, Technical Expertise, Risk Management, Value Creation, and Innovation
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU (Qualifications / Experience)
- Undergraduate degree required. (Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science preferred)
- 5-8+ years technical experience, preferably in a manufacturing R&D or Process role across multiple technical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage design choices positively impacting market position
- Experience leading product and process development projects with demonstrated sustained results
- Demonstration of synthesizing information across a range of inputs and to business results.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple technologies/processes leveraged to deliver value to the organization and business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability tools within Project Management, Design of Experiment, Design for Lean Six Sigma and Statistical Analysis.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products