The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide design expertise for Process systems for the Advanced Technology Facilities, Life Science, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructure industries as assigned.
- Work with the lead engineer/architect to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, project instructions and responsibilities.
- Work with lead engineer/architect to determine intent and contents of each drawing. Typical project drawing deliverables include equipment layouts, piping plans, sections, details, process PFD’s and P&ID’s, equipment schedules, and POC matrices.
- Complete drawing responsibility tasks within scope, budget and schedule. Review drawings for completeness and constructability. Coordinate with all other disciplines.
- Perform field verification and asbuilting activities, produce clear field reports with detailed sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- Attend client review meetings and present technical drawings as needed.
- On occasion, work on project team that is comprised of employees from two or more design offices.
- Follow all company and project file management protocols and procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D/BIM programs and actively participates in 3D/BIM focus evaluation groups.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations for improvement including changes to work flow to implement.
- Excellent understanding of pipe support specifications and products. Awareness of space requirements for pipe supports in pipe design.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervision on light to medium piping designs/layouts. Can design multiple systems across multiple buildings.
- Provides lower-level design/drafting personnel with design sketches for preparation of finishing design drawings, general layouts and guidance in technical requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Platform Lead or Discipline Director.
- 10 years of process piping experience
- 5 years of process piping experience in microelectronics, biotech or similar industry
- Experience in equipment layout, pipe, and pipe support design and P&ID’s
- Strong REVIT experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft tools such as MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Require a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal communications
- Desire to concentrate on details
- Willingness for occasional travel and ability to visit project sites
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills including the ability to recognize and solve design problems
- Good understanding of engineering work processes and project execution
- Able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Complete understanding of the skills required for all lower job descriptions
- Ability to visit project sites
- Experience coordinating with other disciplines, designers, and engineers
- Willingness to learn or able to mentor less experienced designers or drafters
- Ability to determine material needs and perform necessary calculations using accepted formulas and reference
- 3 Years Revit MEP, Plant3D or similar 3D/BIM experience
- Smart P&ID experience
- REVIT programming experiencepreferred
- High School Diploma or GEDrequired
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent required