The Manager for Finance Operation Model will provide leadership, professional oversight and support of key initiatives derived from the Finance Operating Model strategic plan and team mission, to deliver solutions that promote efficiency, internal customer service and expense savings which are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
This position is a member of the Finance Operating Model team, who can take charge of a project by independently working with the business to understand their requirements, gather process data, do analysis and deliver the desired outcomes that will meets business needs. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves corporate processes
The Manager will be technically proficient, analytical, possess the necessary drive, business and operational acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a confident and collaborative project management leader.
The Finance Operating Model’s objective is to:
• Understand the strategic direction set by Finance Leadership and use considerable judgment to determine the best solutions to deliver on those objectives;
• Understand the connection points across Finance Functions and ensure that meaningful progress is being made in all areas of prioritization;
• Provide oversight and leadership to project teams engaged in the delivery of a wide range of Operating Model initiatives;
• Provide support to Finance Leadership in development of initiatives and building strong relationships within Finance;
• Maintain an understanding of advancements in regulations, technology and innovations impacting the Finance Operating Model
Key responsibilities include:
Process Design and Internal Control:
- Strategic Input – Participate in the development of the Financial Operating Model strategy design and prioritization with a focus on full understanding of the target process model.
- Drive outcomes –Understand the desired outcome of the initiatives and translate those into operational processes (e.g., role definitions, process mapping, etc.) and technical model (manual vs automated).
- Project Execution – Assist the project management team in delivering on key initiatives as a member or advisor. Assist in change management and create tactical plans and documentation to move from “build” to “run”. Create process mapping, policies and procedures appropriate for each initiative.
- Operational Measurement – Design and determine the best operational measurement for each of the key initiatives after launch.
- Internal Controls – Ensure the effective and efficient design of operational and financial controls over processes, such as segregation of duties. Further, document and validate business continuity and disaster recovery plans as well as ensure proper controls and standards over master data.
- Develop People – Develop our staff and leaders to transition into new ways of doing things. Empower the PayPal team to identify challenges and suggest improvement opportunities, while continuing to develop and grow our people
Requisite Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting, Finance, or Business degree, or related curriculum.
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience in Finance Operations, Finance Systems and Process reengineering projects and Internal Controls
- Experience in improving financialprocesses and reducing costs, while maintaining and improving quality
- Experience with Finance SAP systems or in the areas of Procure-to-Pay / Record-to-Report.
- Experience in working with business intelligence and reporting tools.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving aptitude
- Ability to successfully partner with the stakeholders and functional managers within Finance and across PayPal Senior Management.
- Exceptional communication skills and working with remote teams is critical to success.
- Strong motivation and self-starting initiative is required.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, influencing skills and decision-making adeptness.
- Collaboration with a broad spectrum of team members and leaders within the organization to write, update and/or promote policy.
- Proficient and creative in developing financialreporting, score carding and presentations
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risk of issue presented; make recommendations and/or resolve the issue
- Ability to set priorities, create project plans, and monitor progress towards goals/activities
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.