Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistic's portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
This position will be responsible for leading, developing and executing Process Improvement / Continuous Improvement plans and operational procedures to ensure operational efficiencies through process analytics and projects focused on continuous improvement that support our customers, vendors
and associates. Leads medium to large-scale projects involving cross-team collaboration with critical deadlines. Most projects have extended timelines (months). The role entails identifying internal
opportunities to reduce costs, drive efficiencies, and lead the implementation efforts to achieve these improvements. The Process Design and Continuous Improvement Manager will also provide guidance to employees throughout the business to advance the success of Werner’s back office operations.
Provides support to the Senior Vice President or other business owners on projects, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed
• Lead enterprise-wide process improvement efforts. Lead and drive medium to large, cross-functional
complex projects and Kaizen events to deliver significant operational improvement and financial benefits.
Identify areas/potential projects where process redesign/improvement can significantly impact efficiency,
quality, profitability, competitive position and customer satisfaction.
• Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement culture on site
and in related areas of the company. Lead process improvement initiatives and process redesign
activities/projects which will enable the organization to reach the next level of world class operations.
• Educate and promote a culture of continuous improvement across the enterprise. Collaborate with
business partners/champions to drive results. Act as a technical expert and consultant to business
partners. Monitor performance, improvements and sustainability through key metrics.
• Effectively communicate with and persuade team members, department managers, non-department
management, business partners, vendors, and field staff to obtain problem resolution, adding value to
all interactions. Effectively communicate and/or make presentations to senior level department
management and non-department management on a variety of issues which may include trend analysis,
process improvement, systems issues, and staffing issues.
• Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; apply
control procedures resulting in permanent corrective action, yield, and productivity improvement.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
• Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Five or more years transportation experience required.
• Five or more years customer service experience required.
• Three or more years personnel management experience required.
• Exemplary standards of integrity, personal work ethic and continuous involvement in self-education and
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio), IBM Notes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.