Cargill provides food, agriculture,financial andindustrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive byapplying our insights and over150years ofexperience. We have150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in aresponsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
The process design engineer is responsible for all aspects of a build project design including, processing equipment, supporting utilities, material handling systems, process layout and building design. Having broad experienced in process design, automation and process optimization they will work with internal experts, third party experts, consultants and equipment vendors to explore, develop and design turnkey protein processing plants. Works closely with design team project engineer and build project manager in support of the execution and commissioning stage of the build project. Is responsible for writing and cataloging standards and specifications for equipment, components and material. Acts as an expert resource to plant engineers and build managers. Works with strategic sourcing on preferred vendor agreements. May be located at any CP facility in NA. Travels frequently up to 30%
- 45% - Design and specification of production processes: Direct responsibility for process designs consistent with best practices for safety, food safety and efficiency. Works with the Cargill build project managers, other design team members, internal and third party experts, consultants and equipment manufactures in the development of process designs for large green field projects. Maintains knowledge of new technologies and standards and disseminates this information as appropriate. Assists with business cases and supports product innovation.
- 15% - Modification and redesign of existing processes: Works with local teams on the redesign or modifications to existing processes consistent with best practices for safety, food safety and efficiency. Works with the Cargill build project managers, other design team members, internal and third party experts, consultants and equipment manufactures in the development of process redesigns. Maintains knowledge of new technologies and standards and disseminates this information as appropriate. Assists in the optimization of existing systems for safety and efficiency.
- 10% - Writing and continuous improvement of specifications and standards pertaining to production processes: Responsible for writing and cataloging standards and specifications for equipment, components and materials. Working with the Design and Specifications engineers assists with cataloging documentation for ease of access and broad use; ultimately resulting in a complete library of design parameters for equipment, utilities and buildings.
- 15% - Acts as a SME in support of Build Managers and Operations Teams: Works with build management teams during the execution phase and operations during the commissioning phase. Assists in startup, troubleshooting and optimization of new processes. Participates on PSSR teams.
- 10% - Acts as a SME in collaboration with Strategic Sourcing on preferred vendor agreements and major purchases: Works directly with strategic sourcing on RFPs for processing equipment, systems and buildings. Contributes to the development of preferred vendor agreements and standardization of equipment purchases
- 5% - Regulatory Leadership: Ensures all equipment and processes meet all regulatory requirements as well as Cargill safety and food safety standards. In conjunction with the safety team provides guidance and assistance for facilities for OSHA/EPA/Regulatory inspections and questions pertaining to process designs (at the commissioning phase)
- 4 yeardegree in Engineering
- Broad experienced in process design, automation and process optimization - 5 years minimum
- Broad experience and knowledge of meat preparation, food processing, liquid processes, cooking, packaging, freezing, material handling
- Broad experience and knowledge of food grade building construction
- PDP and Project management experience
- Proven leadership of technical teams through facilitation and influence
- Professional verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple projects and prioritize actions.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications. Experience in CMMS; PHAPro; AutoCAD
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
- OSHAexperience pertaining to building design, process and equipment guarding
- Supervisory experience with a production team
- Understanding of industry practices for preventative and predictive maintenance processes.
- Contracting and purchasing experience
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems and plant utilities systems