Process Controls Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Title: Process Controls Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Lafayette, IN
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Supports Client's 6 Sigma initiatives with suppliers. Executes assigned activities from Concurrent Product and Process Development (CPPD), New Product Introduction (NPI) and Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) teams.
- Works with suppliers to reduce waste and improve supplier process capability and efficiency. Not responsible for supply chain expediting activities. Not responsible for reporting activities in Workflow. Must have a thorough working knowledge of quality initiatives.
- Activities include: SQEP PPAP Process Audits Tier 2 supplier support PCN Deviations Supplier Capacity APQP / Collaboration APQP Data Entry Supplier Requests Process Improvements Strong experience with stamping, machining and heat treatment desired. Knowledge of engines and valvetrain very helpful.
- The position manages the completion of their own work assignments and coordinates work withothers. Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization.
- Required: A minimum of 1year of job-related experience; A bachelor?s degree (or equivalent experience) preferably in engineering; Engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for client-type Products;Highly Desirable: Quality engineering certification; Capable of using and demonstrating statistical and problem solving tools; Understanding of 3rd party registration standards
- Good interpersonal communication, analytical, leadership and project management skills to develop a cooperative working relationships with others both inside and outside of Client.