Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,100 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly-owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional. For more information, visit www.bwdesigngroup.com.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world. For more information, go to www.barrywehmiller.com and visit our CEO Bob Chapman’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com
Our Process Controls teams execute Process Controls projects from concept through design and programming, commissioning, and start-up.
- Customer / Client Interface: Act as direct liaison to external and internal clients. Communicate scope details, project budget and schedule updates, negotiate solutions, and drive successful relationships.
- Leadership: Be a leader in a team of automation engineers through Design, Programming, and Field Start-Up. Provide technical leadership, task and quality oversight, and lead project execution.
- Excellent Engineering and Technical skills as related to Process Controls Systems, Closed Loop Controls, Instrumentation, Continuous and Batch Processing, Process Controls Sub-Systems (PLC, HMI, SCADA, Networks, I/O), working knowledge of Panel Design, 480V Distribution and Control, etc. An intimate knowledge of the Rockwell Automation platform.
- Project Management: The successful candidate will possess a very good understanding of the Project Life Cycle: Quoting / Budgeting, specification, design, implementation, testing, vendor / contractor management, procurement, installation, start-up, and documentation. He / She will be able to consult on successful project execution strategies and advise on best practices.
- Excellent Client and Communication Skills: The ability to work closely with, collaborate, understand the needs of, negotiate with, and ultimately deliver successful projects to internal and external customers.
- Exposure to a variety of industry design standards, programming standards, and best practices.
Potential candidates must have ‘hands-on’ experience in process automation and controls for a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment. Experienced in Panel Design, Network Architecture, PLC and SCADA design/programming including data extraction and data analysis. Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC standards is required. Understanding of cGMP and FDA regulations is a plus.
Your professional experience will demonstrate your computer skills, ability to handle multiple projects, communication skills, ability to diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or another engineering curriculum.
- Five (5) plus years engineering experience with controls for automated equipment.
- Two (2) plus years of Engineering Management, Project Management, or equivalent experience in Process Controls System implementation, preferably in the Semiconductor, Food, Beverage, Consumer Products, Energy, or Industrial industries.
- Experience working for an engineering consulting firm is preferred, but not a requirement.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
Flexibility for regional travel up to 50% is required.
- Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
- Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
- This organization uses E-Verify.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.