Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. ABB is seeking a Process Control Systems Service Account Manager, who will be responsible for developing, deploying and controlling service sales strategies for the targeted, assigned Paper, Metals, Mining and Cement Accounts within the Sales Territory. The successful candidate must be energetic, enthusiastic, a proven leader and must demonstrate the ability to drive sales activities at both strategic and tactical levels. Candidate must have the ability to use value-based selling methodology and ROI-based selling techniques to motivate potential clients to purchase ABB solutions. The Candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within the customers’ organizations including engineering, process control, purchasing, and various levels of middle management (production, operations, maintenance, and engineering.) The performance of the Service Account Manager directly impacts the performance of the local business unit and ABB’s reputation with customers and in the paper industry in general.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deliver on results in meeting Sales Volume and Margin targets for the given region.
• Understand the scope of each solution or product along with the value that is delivered by each solution or product in the complete Portfolio of Solutions offered by ABB IAPI Services.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with client representatives responsible for making or influencing purchasing decisions. Interact with relevant parties to negotiate sales, develop terms, resolve disputes and address quality-related issues.
• Develop account plans that include account strategies, objectives, and identify opportunities. Strategies to cover upgrades, evolution plans, service products and customer service plans.
• As required, form and lead Capture Teams as required for a sales pursuit.
• Evaluate and assess competing products / solutions and their market positions; develop and implement strategies and plans to differentiate products from the competitors.
• Coordinate and make presentations to customers. Presentations may cover technical, operational benefits, product features, economic justification, product differentiation, etc.
• Follow Paper Systems defined policies regarding sales pursuit related activities and processes:
- Safe Driving and All Company and Customer Safety Procedures
- Reporting (sales calls/visit reports)
- Territory sales forecasts (maintained weekly/reported monthly)
- Request for Proposals
- Proposal Approvals
- Risk reviews
- Performance Guarantees
-High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of sales or account management experience;
-Associates Degree and 7 years of sales or account management experience;
• Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of sales or account management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5 years’ experience in Process Control Sales.
• Sales or sales support experience in the Pulp and Paper industry.
• Demonstrated leadership, strong presentation skills, as well as good communication skills are required.
-Candidates must already possess work authorization that permits them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.