Arconic is currently searching for a Process Control Systems Engineer to support our Global Rolled Products (GRP) business unit in Alcoa, TN. This opening is located at Arconic’s Tennessee Operations, one of the most modern aluminum fabricating facilities in the world. Our plants produce high-quality molten metal & aluminum sheet and are recognized as a world leader in the business. The facility has been located at the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains for 100 years and continues to thrive and grow.
Reporting to the Tennessee PCS Superintendent, the Automotive PCS Engineer will have responsibilities in the automotive sheet line. Duties include, but are not limited to, design, development, deployment and enhancement of process control systems, and optimization of process equipment for improving quality and capacity.
Incumbent must be a self-starter with the desire to work in a dynamic team environment and learn and develop applied skills. Supported by the PCS organization, the successful candidate will work in a %22hands-on%22 environment and provide support and maintenance of PCS Systems.
*A higher Job Band will be considered based on experience and education.
- Design new process control systems as needed. This can be driven by new product development for the plant as well as modifications to existing processes.
- Perform system upgrades to keep current with hardware and software that is still supported by the manufacturer or developer.
- Manage system configuration, version control, testing, and integration of software changes across multiple platforms.
- Maintain the upkeep of process control computers, software licensing agreements, and backups of software files to minimize the downtime of manufacturing equipment.
- Supply formatted data to the technical and process groups as requested. Timely access to this data is essential for the plant's quality management program and rapid problem solving.
- Solve quality problems associated with process control systems and develop software to diagnose quality problems.
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in process controls design, implementation, and programming.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science Engineering, or Mathematics from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ experience with Unix/Linux like operating systems.
- Experience with Human/Machine Interfaces (HMIs) - Citect, FactoryTalk, WinCC.
- Experience with the use and support of Microsoft operating systems and Active Directory.
- Advanced networking knowledge.
- Expertise in ANSI C programming (Linux) and Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Experience with Web page development and the LAMP suite.
- Strong customer focus and collaboration skills, displays initiative, out-of-box thinking and strong attention to detail.