Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The Process Control Leader will be responsible for developing and implementing a 2-3 year plan to improve and standardize Grace controls systems. The plan will include assessing and upgrading existing infrastructure, including DCS/PLC systems, trending/analysis tools, and field instrumentation. The position will also work with the manufacturing network to implement improved controls strategies and intelligent/advanced process control systems.
- Develop a vision and strategy for controls systems across Grace, including software/hardware infrastructure, instrumentation requirements, optimized control strategies, and advanced process control systems.
- Develop overall capital expenditure plan and timing associated with the plan.
- Manage a high performance controls team to execute on Grace's global control strategy.
- Lead discovery and selection of key partners and suppliers for future investments in process control
- Interact with manufacturing sites and process technology group to identify and implement optimized basic and advanced control strategies
- Identify skills and training requirements for process engineers, plant operators, and process control staff to utilize upgraded controls systems
- Support productivity initiatives targeting reduced raw material and energy consumption, increased production rates, and improved product quality
- Communicate progress on a monthly basis to manufacturing and business organizations, indicating progress versus plan and upcoming initiatives
- Create and maintain systems that promote safety and comply with all safety procedures and regulations
- Document control design standards and strategies for common unit operations in the manufacturing process
- Advise management of all issues related to control, instrumentation and produce business proposals for new projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to manage and collaborate with internal and external resources
- Strong business acumen and ability to prioritize needs based on financial and business impacts
- Ability to manage complex projects across many facilities and functions
- Analytical skills for process development, administration and documentation
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Minimum 15+ years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 10+years ofexperience with process controls including control systems, instrumentation, and process automation in achemicalenvironment
- Process experience in wet and dry material handling systems
- Weight loss control and instrumentation technology in bulk handling environment
- Leadership experience in migrating to current Honeywell and Rockwell process controls systems
- Previous management responsibilities
- BS or MS in Engineering (Chemical)
- Must be based out of one of our following locations (Lake Charles, LA ; Pasadena, TX ; Columbia, MD)
- Ability to travel 35+%
- Knowledge of current Honeywell and Rockwell controls technology strongly preferred
- Strong operations and project management experience in a related industry preferred
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
Requisition ID: 3299