Process Control Engineer
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
This is a great opportunity at our facility in Burkville AL for someone looking to grow in his/her career as a Process Control engineer and leader.
• Lead projects and programs related to manufacturing operations computer control systems across the Burkville AL site.
• Provide start-up assistance and checkout leadership for projects and routine maintenance activities.
• Support both small and large projects. Lead the design of software for all DCS/PLC changes at the site. Lead the efforts of outside PCO resources as may be required for larger projects.
• Coach, guide, and train Unit PCO Technicians and Operations personnel to attain proficiency in the use of control system technology. This may include direct supervision of personnel.
• Provide assistance to the Maintenance team, including troubleshooting control system issues as needed.
• Serve as the site representative to the Global Automation Team to support future DCS needs.
• Identify opportunities to improve control system stability and longevity. Support system lifecycle planning & DCS/PLC Upgrade studies.
• Support site data historian needs - Aspen
• Manage and keep current the software archives for the site.
• Manage spare parts for all control systems.
• Be willing to adjust normal working hours to support non-routine activities.
• BS Degree in Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical engineering or minimum of 5 years of experience in related Process Control field. Bachelor degree required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing – preferably in a Chemical Processing Plant
• Proven experience with DCS and PLC systems (Yokogawa, Provox, Delta V, and Modicon preferred)
• Knowledge of manufacturing field instrumentation
• Willingness to attend training courses as required
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States