In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for knowledgeable and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Process Control Engineer at our manufacturing facility located in Niagara Falls, New York.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
- Ensure that you and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
- Sponsor capital projects where needed: review designs, drawings, methods, and materials of construction. Ensure adherence to codes, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining plant specifications for installation of instrument and electrical systems consisting of both written documents and drawings, including automatic valve sizing, materials of construction, automation packages associated with control valves, magmeters, vortex, and mass flowmeters, pressure, temperature and level transmitters.
- Supervise special maintenance projects, preventive maintenance activities, and inspections performed by specialized contractors and Oxy personnel.
- Monitor and control costs and ensure safe and efficient work performance by contractors.
- Audit PM performance for the following systems: Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC and Network systems, Cathodic protection, UPS systems, Combustible gas detection systems, analytical systems including in plant gas chromatographs, electrolytic cell technologies, thermal conductivity system controls, electrical and electronic control systems, three phase rectifier control systems, wireless networks and plant PA alarm.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers as well as our purchasing group to specify and acquire equipment, expedite orders, and ensure materials and service are available when required.
- Provide technical training to instrument and electrical technicians that includes individual assistance in interpreting drawings and other documents for calibration and testing procedures.
- Ensure Process Safety and Risk Management objectives are incorporated through participation in Management of Change, Process Hazards Analysis, and Pre-startup Safety Review responsibilities. Provide technical and safety training and awareness to others as needed.
- Routine technical support to Maintenance to ensure reliability of instrumentation and control systems. Requires working closely with instrument technicians, electricians, and others to establish quality work practices.
- Troubleshoot and program Moxa Control network, Allen Bradley PLC’s that include standalone as well units connected to the PLC control network, plant security camera system support and intrusion detection system. Process and building HVAC refrigeration systems, analytical equipment gas chromatographs, MSA gas detection systems, wireless networks, TCIP phone system, LAN computer network systems.
- Improve instrumentation and electrical reliability by upgrading to the latest technologies.
- Review the safety of existing and new processes by participating in HAZOPS and issuing management of change documents for revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related curriculum.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical maintenance experience in chemical manufacturing or related industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of electrical safety requirements as found in publications such as NFPA 70E.
- Experience in switching of equipment at voltage levels from 480 volts through 230,000 volts.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate, design, and construct moderate to large projects dealing with the electrical distribution system.
- Knowledge of Rectifiers.
- Knowledge of NERC and SERC regulations.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Cisco certification