We have been recently retained by a leading manufacturing company to locate the best candidate for this open role in the Ottawa, IL area.
Is this you??? – Process Control Engineer
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or 5 years of Process Control Programming and integration experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and relay ladder schematics
- Must be able to program and troubleshoot programmable logic controller relay ladder logic programs. Should have experience in programming: Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic 2008, 2010, 2012, Team Foundation Server 2010, SAP, iFIX and Microsoft Developer Network
- Needs to have good communication and people skills
- Should have experience designing electrical circuits for use in industrial control. Should understand OSHA and NEC specifications and a working knowledge of how these codes should be applied to circuit design
- Should understand high voltage circuits (above 480 volts) and power feeds. Needs to understand safety-related issues to such circuits
- Needs to have a firm grasp of good problem-solving skills
- Licenses & Certifications preferred:
- PLC Programming
- ABB/FANUC Rob
Process Control Engineer Summary
Provides controls and programming skills to evaluate and solve technical manufacturing problems, as well as to coordinate improvements and projects so that they are integrated into the process with the least amount of loss to the operation. Responsibilities should include providing accurate proposals and research to support short and long-term plans for improvements in production and to develop opportunities for cost savings.
Principle responsibilities and relationships:
- Provides technical support and assists in training goals for maintenance and production.
- Coordinate controls/programming activities for the process at optimum efficiency and cost to insure production is not impeded and maintenance costs are held. Manages, evaluates and implements appropriate projects that reduce costs, increase efficiency, and improve quality.
- Continually works with production and engineering to improve existing designs that reduce manufacturing costs.
- Investigates and provides consultation and analysis to appropriate computer technologies and control systems, which can be implemented for process and machine control.
- Program new or modify existing computer software to serve the purposes of cost reductions, process improvements, and better user-friendliness.
- When working as an individual or as a team member, can provide integrated solutions to any anticipated or actual technical or business-related production problems.
- Maintains ongoing communication within production and engineering group to ensure team interaction.
- Stays up with trends and design developments that are being implemented by the company Technical/Engineering personnel and gives appropriate feedback as it relates to the plant operation.
- Maintains a complete and thorough knowledge of plans, programs and activities with production, quality, accounting and material management.
- Needs to learn how company accounting procedures work and how they relate to project management.
- Should become indoctrinated into understanding the common glass-making terms, which are used within the company.
- Needs to be trained on ISO9000 procedures as they relate to engineering.
- Incumbent should go to training schools to learn the procedures needed to work with any specialized processes or machines, which are introduced to the plant.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.