Process Control Engineer
This is a corporate level Controls Engineering role with a focus on PLC based control systems. Our client will consider a Senior Instrument Technician with an Associate’s degree who is ready for promotion into an field engineering role.
The Hiring Company:
This is a direct hire position in a Global Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company
- Competitive pay with a comprehensive employee benefits program and a career progression plan.
- Expect career stability as they have been in business for over 70 years. (This is not another temporary or “contractor” role.)
- Location: South of Atlanta GA- near Griffin GA
Reporting to the Manager of Global Process Systems,
- Design, implement, and startup PLC based Process Control Systems
- Optimize existing controls systems to maximize the efficiency and productivity of manufacturing processes.
- Communicate with customers on process control equipment, technical products, and process applications.
- Coordinate with engineering and customer service to clarify/resolve problems and improve designs.
- Provide onsite and remote customer support to troubleshoot remote plant problems.
- Travel to customer’s plants as required.
- Maintain computer component inventory and purchase/schedule/prep/ship for projects as needed.
Applicant Background Requested:
We are searching for a team-oriented Controls System Engineer or Senior Technician ready for independent work in a direct hire role. Experience programming PLC systems is required.
- Associate degree in IT, Computer Science, Industrial Process Control, Automation Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is a plus
- Must have- 2+ years’ experience in programming PLC and troubleshooting Process Control Systems
- Strong programming skills and familiarity with networking standards
- Knowledge of analog and discrete controls in an industrial environment
- Understanding of schematics, AC/DC Circuits, VFD (variable voltage drive)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work independently to provide solutions and ideas to new and existing problems.
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%); travel is fully funded by the employer
Sorry, no sponsorship available. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Does not discriminate based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.