As a Process Control Engineer, you will be instrumental in ensuring all plant operations and control systems are working optimally throughout.
The ideal candidate will have a Chemical Engineeringdegree with 7 to 10 years of process controls engineeringexperience.
He/she will have knowledge of basic plant control theory as well as the ability to read and translate CFC, SFC, and ladder logic code. In addition, you will have a solid working experience with Siemens PCS-7, Emerson Deltav or Metlab control systems.
Finally, you must be able to analyze and identify plant data through trends to suggest and make changes to plant operations to improve plant functionality and reliability.
Essential Job Functions
As the Process Control Engineer, you will work collaboratively and strategically with plant operations to troubleshoot, improve and debottleneck processes, provide turn around support, review specification sheets, program logic and maintain plant control systems.
Process safety management
- Review and assist with Management of Change (MOC) and What-Ifs.
- Provide plant support.
- Troubleshoot control system problems over the phone or directly through the company VPN.
- Process control improvement.
- Update and maintain all plant DCS related documentation.
- Small amount of plant design work may be required (i.e. pump sizing, etc.)
- Distributor Control System
- Assist with loop checks, interlock checks and instrument trouble shooting.
- Assist plants with control loop tuning.
- Make changes to existing programs to solve issues.
- Give sound engineering guidance and judgment for safe and successful startup.
- Assist with procedures and process safety management manual/training manuals.
- Work with plants and accounting to create PO’s for projects.
- Write procedures for control system operations for plant operators.
- Develop interlock and Automated Sequence matrices.
- Program new code needed as defined by the project scope.
- Create HMI interface for plant operations.
- Review and redline P&IDs, spec sheets, equipment drawings, electrical drawings, motor schematics, IO lists, interlock matrices,
Skills & Knowledge Required
- A Bachelordegree and 7 to 10years of process controls engineeringexperience.
- Knowledge of basics plant control theory.
- Must be able to read and translate CFC, SFC, and ladder logic code.
- Must be very familiar and have experience with Siemens PCS-7, Emerson Deltav or Metlab control systems. Must be able to analyze and identify plant data through trends to suggest and make changes to plant operations to improve plant functionality and reliability.
- Must be able to work efficiently and manage timelines of work appropriately
- Must be able to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas, and concepts to co-workers.
- Must be able to complete goals and manage time and projects while helping others to move projects and tasks forward to completion.
- Must be able to work well in group environments and promote a positive work environment.
- Must be able to follow all safety requirements set forth by corporate and individual plant locations, complete training as required.
- OPC data communication experience is a plus.
- Plant operations
- R&D Lab
- Quality Control Lab
Key Metrics Areas:
- HSE compliance
- Plant presence: completion of MOCs, TA support, plant support
- Project Assistance: P&ID review, Motor Schematic reviews, Logic review, HMI reviews, SCADA architecture reviews
- Develop a solid understanding on how to use Siemens PCS-7 and APACS program to make modifications to existing facilities.