Process Control Engineer
*Position is located in Upstate, NY with relocation assistance provided
Process Control Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting existing software, writing new software, and troubleshooting existing peripheral equipment including but not limited to OPC servers, Continuous Historian, network equipment, printers, remote application stations (VIM, R2, and Safer), and operator workstations.
- Provide Control system support for Allen Bradley PLC. This includes programming of new logic, troubleshooting, communication of PLC to DCS/MCC. etc
- Maintain and provide documentation for controls system including but not limited to logic diagrams, controls narratives, standard operating procedures, mapping diagrams, and preventative maintenance plans on the main and independent control packages in the field controlled by programmable logic controllers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the controls system including but not limited to installing software patches, updating software for anti-virus protection and other installed applications, performing routine backups, and cleaning the hardware associated with the application stations.
- Support maintenance staff in the maintenance and calibration of instrumentation including but not limited to function checks, calibration checks, and loop checks. Organization of reporting and documentation of these is a priority that this position will be charged with.
Process Control Engineer Position Qualifications
- BS Degree in ElectricalEngineering
- Minimum of 3years?experience as a Process Control Engineer within a petrochemical, chemical or industrial plant
- An in-depth understanding of process design principles and a working knowledge of the design and maintenance of all types of process equipment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to act independently
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate to all levels of employees and contractors
Process Control Engineer Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Working knowledge of Communication Protocols like HART, Modbus TCP-IP , RTU etc
- Experience with Delta V DCS
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC (Compact/Control Logix) ,Panel View, RSView32, RS-link