The Process Control & Automation Engineer will report to the Manager-Engineering and will develop, implement, and support process control systems & applications based on shop floor infrastructure goals regarding design, programming, documentation, and support.
This position will also be responsible for supporting the process control requirements of new capital projects and installation of equipment used in the melting & manufacture of titanium mill products by performing the following:
Minimum Years of Experience -2
- Must have a strong technical knowledge in the fundamentals of controls engineering and systems;
- Knowledge of machine processes and control techniques and how they can be applied to monitor, control, predict, and improve plant operating performance;
- Knowledge of programming skills & concepts;
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and perform root cause analyses;
- Strong communication, computer skills, and organizational skills;
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products & applications a plus;
- Experience with database applications & programming a plus;
- Experience with C#, VB.Net, Visual Studio, SQL a plus;
- Project management experience a plus;
- Knowledge of metals melting & manufacturing processes a plus.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical leadership in the development of new PC&A strategies in support of business unit goals;
- Provide engineering support to operations & maintenance to assist & direct the diagnosis & troubleshooting of shop floor control system systems;
- Establish and ensure appropriate process control standards and specifications are being met with respect to a scalable infrastructure relative to business needs;
- Develop scope for engineering projects, project build specifications, cost estimates, budgetforecasting, and implementation of capital appropriation projects;
- Provide expertise, guidance, and direction in the functional design and implementation of PC&A applications including process control strategies for Level 1 through Level 3 systems, i.e. input/output devices, PLCs, HMIs, drives, supervisory and manufacturing execution systems, networking and data collection;
- Facilitate solutions in support of operational strategies, interfacing with key stakeholders and managers, utilizing appropriate documentation as required to support design requirements;
- Manage outside vendor activities as well monitor potential vendor development of new automation applications, ensure compliance with technical specifications, and communicate with applicable business unit leaders.