Designs and develops complex automation and operational analytics to streamline or replace current manual processes, resulting in significant expense savings. Works with operational staff and leaders to improve performance in their areas. Develops solutions and works with divisional and I/S leaders to implement preferred solutions. Represents division needs in governing and improving existing technology platforms, and partners with IS in researching and procuring new/emerging technology. Drives continuous improvement in divisional efficiency and quality by identifying and pursuing opportunities to creatively leverage analytics and technology.
This is the highest individual contributor within the process and automation technology analyst job family: The incumbent displays broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields. Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices. Works under limited direction. Demonstrates leadership inworking with leadership by preparing recommendations and changes to approaches as needed. Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills; able to manage self and projects
- Strong intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement; track record of demonstrating initiative and learning on the fly; tech-savvy
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, and service
- Demonstrated experience leading and successfully delivering technical process automation projects
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with relevant programming languages, such as VBA, C#/Java, Selenium,SAS, SQL, HTML, Python, etc. (languages may vary by division or department)
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with data extraction from relational databases and big data repositories: Oracle, Greenplum, SQL Server, and Hadoop (technologies may vary by division or department)
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with business intelligence and collaboration software: Tableau, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office
Additional Job Information:
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Relocation assistance is available
- Provides analyses, recommendations, direction, and technical expertise to business partners in support of strategic business objectives to drive growth and profit. Maintains current knowledge of our financial tools and software; stays abreast of current economic and technological developments, evaluates their impact, and recommends direction.
- Works with all levels of management throughout the division to determine critical success factors, and works with business partners and I/S to design, develop, test, and deliver systems to meet critical success factors. Identifies opportunities and influences leaders to improve business practices and procedures across the division.
- Leads technology acquisition projects and proofs of concept for the division; identifies and prioritizes use cases and business requirements, and advises Sourcing on best possible solutions.
- Meets with and/or shadows decision-makers to understand critical inputs, steps, and decisions in business processes; informs leadership of automation potential and process issues/opportunities. Performs internal and external benchmarking of technology best practices to optimize operational processes.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys automated solutions and automated decision analytics to replace manual business processes, leveraging internal and external technology as needed. Creates or configures new technology rules and technology-enabled processes as needed to meet business needs or strategies.
- Quantifies cost savings and other benefits associated with deployed analytics and automation solutions.
- Creates and maintains solution documentation, both for end-users and internal reference. Supports automated solutions: responds to user help requests, troubleshoots issues, conducts root cause analysis, and enhances tools to avoid future issues.
- Researches and integrates new or emerging technologies; mentors other developers on key or complex technologies. Represents division needs in meetings with I/S or other stakeholders.
- User support for key technology platforms (e.g. Tableau Server, SAS, SharePoint, virtual servers/desktops) for the division. Trains users and ensures compliance with corporate and divisional standards for various BI tools or information platforms