NATURE OF WORK:
- This position will lead process improvement, troubleshooting, pilot, and implementation within the finish format probiotic operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Lead, coordinate and optimize probiotic finish format operation (capsule, oil droplets, gummies, chewables, sachet, tablets, sticks, etc.).
- Lead improvement projects to realization and financial validation through application of Lean and Six Sigma (or similar) methodology.
- Responsible for testing and evaluating new technologies related to finish formats.
- Communicate with tollers, internal/external customers and cross-functionally (expectations, performance, and results).
- Support engineering projects for designing and commissioning new equipment for finish formats.
- Coordinates new product transfers to tollers or internal facility for finish formats.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining knowledge of equipment at toller site and at in-house site.
- Specify and possibly measure pertinent powder parameters to assess finish format process feasibility at an early development stage.
- Leads problem identification and solving.
- Sets expectations for technical assumptions, total quality, continuous improvement.
- Discovers new technologies, benchmarks, promotes/manages technology innovation system.
- Supports and leads global and local projects: assessing payback and resources, initiating, planning, executing, and timelines management.
- Acts in compliance with all company policies including, but not limited to: Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental, cGMPs, and HACCP.
- Supporting the pharma validation effort for the Finish Format area.
- Responsible for adherence to all quality systems including, ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 Food Safety with an understanding of DuPont/Danisco Corporate Quality policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Packaging, Chemical engineering or related degree (advanced university degree preferred).
- At least 5 years in finish formats industry or related industry experience.
- Experience with high speed packaging.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or experienced Green Belt, with knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and statistical packages (Minitab, SQC, etc.).
- Powder handling experience preferred.
- Strong project management and communication skills highly valued.
- Food/pharmaceutical plant design expertise (such as equipment selection, efficient layouts), process design expertise (equipment sizing, heat loads, etc.), and the ability to participate in, and lead, a design team.
- Industrial experience in capsule, sachet and stick making and validation (equipment, cleaning, process, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to travel 30% or more including international travel
- Limited handling of hazardous materials such as dusts, strong acids and strong bases
- The position will be based at our Madison, WI site