Pro Workflow Expert
- Job Number: 86227400
- Culver City, California, United States
- Posted: 13-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Help shape the future of the Mac in the creative market. The Macintosh team is seeking talented technical leadership in a System Architecture team. This is an individual contributor role. The ideal candidate has core competencies in one or more professional artists content creation areas with specific expertise in video, and photo, audio, and 3D animation. The pro workflow expert will be responsible for thoroughly comprehending all phases of professional content creation, working closely with 3rd party apps developers and some key customers, thoroughly documenting, and working with architects to instrument systems for performance analysis.
- A passion for the Mac
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience developing professional content using video and photo editing and/or 3D animation on Macs and/orMac, PC and/or Linux systems.
- Deep knowledge of one or more key professional content creation tools such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud tool suite, Flame, Maya, Mari, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and other industry leading tools. An understanding of the entire workflow from generating and importing content, editing, effects, playback and distribution is required.
- Basic knowledge of required 3rd party hardware such as cameras, control surfaces, I/O, display, storage, etc. for various workflows
- Knowledge of relevant plug-ins typically used for various aspects of pro workflows
- Proficient and creating documentation and effective technical presentations about various aspects of studied workflows
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator and able to work cross-functionally within Apple and with 3rd party developers and key customers
Set up a lab with necessary equipment for relevant workflows for instrumentation and analysis, including desktops, notebooks and iPads. Work with key developers to thoroughly comprehend all aspects of various pro workflows, applications, plug-ins, add-on hardware, and infrastructures. Ensure relevant workflows are understood and thoroughly documented and work with technical marketing to ensure definitions correspond to customer usage cases. Identify performance and functional issues with each workflow and work with architecture team to for detailed micro-architecture analysis.