The Private Wealth Advisor (II or III) will act as the primary point of contact for the prospect and client relationship. This sales and relationship management role will attract, retain and grow a portfolio of prospect and client relationships by providing a consistently exceptional prospect and client experience and expanding the BMO share of wallet. The Private Wealth Advisor will demonstrate the understanding of and care for the client through the proactive delivery of holistic advice and solutions designed to meet the client's specific needs. Utilizing an advisory-based financial planning approach, the Private Wealth Advisor will lead and manage prospect opportunities and client relationships and coordinate an integrated team of subject matter experts to craft and execute creative solutions for the client.
- Effectively expand client relationships to grow revenue to achieve sales targets through increasing BMO share of wallet through the acquisition of increased investment, loan , deposit, financial planning , mortgage or client centered services.
- Expand banking and investment services to affiliated family members, friends or advisors.
- Seek introductions and referrals from client to grow your business practice.
- Plan client calls effectively and systematically and monitor client base for opportunities to leverage existing relationships. Ensure all client experience standards are met and that clients are tiered properly and proactive outreach is met.
- Lead and assist with the creation, management, and implementation of prospect presentations, client relationship plans, relationship reviews, and financial plans.
- Lead Annual Client Review with team members to evaluate changing needs, increase communication with client, and implement the Client Experience.
- Conduct at risk analysis for clients on a regular basis to increase client retention.
- Receive introductions from and make introductions to BMO partners in Commercial, Investment Banking; Mortgage Lending, BHFA, Premier Banking or Retail Banking for client or client family members and friends.
- Primary responsibilities for agenda preparation for each meeting and pre work with teams to make sure a multi-disciplined area of subjects of opportunity or challenges are covered.
- Look for opportunities to optimize clients to Ultra High Net Worth segment to better meet client needs or growing service requirements. (BMO Family Office, Cedar Street and Delaware Trust company)
- Evaluate client base for proper channel alignment, and offer introduction to more appropriate channel partner if client no longer fits BMO target client criteria.
- Work with internal team, outside attorneys, accountants and subject matter experts to effectively coordinate delivery of an exceptional client experience.
- Bridge the disciplines together in all client communication, especially marrying the banking side with the trust and investment side when a full relationship exists.
- Work to solidify team behaviors.
- Introduce subject matter experts to the client.
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to help clients achieve their financial goals. Take timely and appropriate action to convert emerging client needs into new business opportunities and lead the subject matter expert team to close new business.
- Proactively identify client needs and listen effectively to concerns in order to accurately diagnose and facilitate resolution of client issues.
- Provide consistently superior service by exceeding client's expectations while understanding and complying with BMO policies and governmental regulations.
- Work with multiple generations to deepen relationships and prevent risk of loss at death.
- Assist with client entertainment; follow up with clients on invitations to events/activities.
- Develop and leverage a personal network in the local community and serve on community boards. Leverage trusting and reciprocally beneficial relationships with Center's of Influence to produce referrals.
- Clarify with client on a recurring basis the value of the Private Wealth Advisor role in their relationship.
- Each year prepare a written bullet point report on the value that was provided to your clients for review at the annual client review meeting.
- Access the Integrated Team's full body of knowledge and experience about clients to ensure that opportunities are identified and solutions developed
- Information Access – Authority to use and access confidential information related to employee information, customer information, product and financial information
- Veto: Authority to stop activities that may detrimentally affect market strategy or activities
- Recommending: Authority to make recommendations to senior leadership on strategy, business and development goals of the market
- Upholds the risk management standards of the enterprise.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Act as the primary Relationship Manager for assigned client relationships
- Drive the delivery of an exceptional prospect & client experience using a holistic, advisory-based planning approach
- Leverage and complement the expertise of the subject matter experts on the integrated teams
- Coordinate all members of the integrated team, and the broader BMO organization as appropriate, with regard to assigned client relationships
- Achievement of growth objectives annually per BMO Private Bank standard/target setting process.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in dealing with HNW clients and equivalent knowledge base. (For a Private Wealth Advisor I: 5-10 years of experience in dealing with HNW clients and equivalent knowledge base).
- Equivalent knowledge base can include but is not limited to, CFP designation or intent to pursue, with experience as a practicing financial planner a plus
- Broad knowledge of all facets of wealth management.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank products, services and capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- MBA, CPA, CTFA, and / or JD or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Excellent listener.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to anticipate client needs.
- Proactive in bringing advice and solutions.
- Comfortable exploring beyond one's area of technical expertise (i.e. Discipline)
- Energized by interaction with clients.
- Ability to make an emotional connection with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients in a consultative fashion (i.e. assess client needs and craft creative, holistic solutions).
- Proven track record in building client relationships (i.e. comfortable asking for the business)
- Adept at motivating and orchestrating teams.
- Highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and open communication style.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix management framework.