Responsible for identifying, soliciting, servicing, delivering or coordinating the delivery of a broad range offinancial products and services for their markets most affluent andfinancially complex clients within BB&T’s Private Financial Services segment. Deliveringretailfinancial plans; proactively developing new client relationships; and delivering exceptional, high-level relationship management to clients and prospects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as the affluent clients’ primary financial advisor for the markets’ most affluent clients within the segment. Coordinate, deliver, and provide financial products and services for assigned clients via on-going relationship management (i.e., Retail Deposits, SMART Money Manager, Retail Credit, Mortgage Loans, Trust and Asset Management, Insurance, Investments, Retail Financial Plans, Scott & Stringfellow, etc.).
2. Work with clients and prospects to coordinate the information gathering, delivery of financial plans utilizing the Wealth Planning Unit. In addition, work with the client and appropriate internal and external partners to implement more sophisticated and complex solutions and/or recommendations as appropriate for this level of affluence. Meet with clients at least annually to update plan information.
3. Successfully execute the Trusted Advisor Process by establishing and maintaining an understanding of the client’s financial needs through planned, proactive interaction and continuous use of the BB&T profiling model.
4. Acquire new affluent households and grow current share of wallet for the Bank at a rate that sets the example for others on the team; meet growth goals for Private Financial Services clients (loans, deposits, fee-based revenue) as assigned.
5. Embrace the BB&T Decathlon process, which includes, but not limited to, the delivery of the Perfect Client Experience behaviors, support of the BB&T segmentation models, full use of the automated sales process and support of referral processes and guidelines.
6. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various specialists (IRM Partners) designated to support client service and client development efforts (i.e., mortgage origination, investment services, trust and asset management services, insurance services, etc.). Serve as an advocate for clients with other business units.
7. Develop and approve retailloans for clients and prospects within limit of authority. Prepare and present/recommend to higher authority any loans in excess of lending authority.
8. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with BB&T lending policy and lending authority.
9. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and proper review of clients’ financial statement.
10. Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivity and profitability in all client relationships.
11. Monitor, maintain and updatesales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using the bank’s contact management system.
12. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial referral and business relationships with outside centers of influence such as CPAs, attorneys, local advisory board members, civic associations, and other individuals and organizations that will enhance business development efforts.
13. Stay abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends, and general market and business issues impacting Private Banking clients. Serve as a personal financial advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and CPAs.
14. Work within the existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework to ensure a high quality, compliant book of business.
15. Participate in the on-going improvement and refinement of the Private Financial Services brand, processes, products, services and operating policies and procedures.
16. Execute on other duties as so assigned.
17. Work with less experienced Private Financial Advisors to help train and develop the Private Financial Advisor to become a Private Financial Advisor effectively practice the Trusted Advisor Process.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance or banking or equivalent education and related experience
2. Ten years of progressively responsibleexperience working with affluent clients dealing with banking, investments, or financial planning, or equivalent experience in outside sales and/or relationship management
3. Five years of retail lending experience
4. High aptitude for client relationship management and business development
5. NASD Series 7, 66 or equivalent licenses (or completion within first 90 days of employment)
6. Completion or enrollment in professional-level certification programs such as Foundations for Financial Planning, Accredited Asset Management Specialist, Certified Financial Planner, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, or Certified Public Accountants
7. Completion or enrollment in an established management or career development program such as BB&T’s Management Development Program or BB&T Banking School
8. Applicable state life and health licenses
9. Excellent working knowledge of fundamental retail credit and deposit products, and a fundamental understanding of basic personal financial planning and investment concepts, or, clearly demonstrates the ability to rapidly learn such concepts through training
10. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a demonstrated aptitude for sales
11. Strong written and verbal communication skills
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
13. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
1. Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or banking
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.