FOLIOfn, Inc. provides investment technology and other services to the financial services industry and through its wholly-owned broker-dealer subsidiary, Folio Investments, Inc. The firm has more than 19 patents covering an array of financial services and products and has been, and continues to be, a pioneer in a number of areas in the investing and wealth management fields. The firm also has two wholly-owned registered investment advisors through which it offers a variety of advisory services and technology to support the offerings of unaffiliated investment advisors. Folio’s main office is in McLean, VA.
The Private Securities Transactions and Regulatory Attorney (“PST Attorney”) will support the VIA Folio® business line of the firm’s self-clearing broker-dealer, which helps issuers to raise equity capital through our online brokerage platform. He or she also may be called upon to engage in legal or compliance matters that arise with respect to execution, clearance and custody of publicly-traded securities and services provided to investment adviser clients. The PST Attorney will play a critical and highly involved role as a member of the firm’s legal and compliance team and will strengthen the firm’s objective of managing legal, reputational and compliance risk effectively and within the company’s overall risk tolerance. This person also will interact frequently with Federal and state regulators, industry groups and other external parties.
- Identifying and developing methods to mitigate compliance risks to the firm.
- Reviewing new business initiatives and providing input relating to compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Proactively addressing ongoing legal matters such as disclosures updates, agreement updates, corporate governance documents, and Legal Department policies and procedures, etc.
- Evaluating regulatory developments that impact the firm and developing cost effective compliance approaches.
- Communicating with various regulatory bodies directly and through industry associations regarding changes in laws and policies that may have an impact on the business.
- Reviewing offering documents and due diligence reports for presentation of potential offerings for the platform to the firm’s commitment committee.
- Working with issuers and issuers’ counsel throughout the regulatory review process for offering materials.
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements that relate to the VIA Folio business line as well as vendor and technology licenses.
- Ability to operate effectively in an environment with a highly specialized vision and mission.
- Excellent people leadership skills and ability to leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, and associates along with the confidence to effectively influence stakeholders.
- Strong business judgment, and effective verbal communications, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as independently.
- D. from a competitive law school and licensed to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum 6years of securities lawexperience with an emphasis on private securities offerings, application of the JOBS Act and FINRA Rules relating to such offerings.
- Interest in technology.
Job ID 2018-1067