Our client, a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients is seeking a Private Funds Attorney.
The ideal candidate will be specializing in private fund formation to support the firms growing alternatives businesses. The attorney will be responsible for providing legal advice and consultation focusing on a variety of legal issues relating to alternative investment funds, and assisting in coordinating projects and managing business relationships. Based on business demand, the attorney may assist any of the alternative business units, including our private equity, hedge fund, credit, and infrastructure businesses. Specific responsibilities will include coordinating investments into third-party managed funds, as well as having a lead role on fund formation and client negotiation. This role offers high visibility and provides a platform for making a material impact to the companies legal & compliance department.
- Requires a J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and three to six years’ experience as a lawyer in a major law firm, investment management firm or the investment bank. Fund formation experience and familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Dodd-Frank Act and federal securities laws are required.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment. The candidate must have the ability to coordinate complex projects involving different business groups and to assist the business in implementing solutions across the broad range of the firms products and services.
- Having a business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with clients is critical for this role.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills required, as is a proven track record working as a member of a team. The candidate must have a strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
- The candidate should also be capable of overseeing work done by external counsel.