New York, NY
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 70 days ago
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking an Associate attorney with three to five years of experience to join the Private Investment Funds practice in the Corporate Department in our New York office. This associate will work with sponsors of and investors in alternative investment funds (including venture, private equity, real estate and hedge funds) and other investment vehicles in structuring, offering, management, investing and related regulatory matters.
The following qualifications are required:
- top academic credentials
- experience with alternative investment fund formation and offerings (both domestic and offshore funds, and hybrid funds)
- experience in one or more of the following: (1) formation of private fund managers; (2) reviewing and negotiating fund documents on behalf of institutional investors; (3) general limited partnership and limited liability company formation experience; (4) managed accounts and single investor funds; and (5) compliance procedures for investment advisers and other investment fund regulatory matters
- client-service orientation
- New York bar admission
The following qualifications are a plus:
- working knowledge of applicable securities laws and regulations (Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act)
- familiarity with applicable tax and ERISA issues relevant to funds
- underlying private equity deal experience
Our ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial. This is a partnership track position, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.