Aon is looking for a Private Equity Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Investment Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt, in Chicago.
As a Private Equity Consultant, you will have the following responsiblities:
- Work directly with clients (i.e. institutional investors and trustees) and provide proactive and creative support to CRMs.Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through with CRMs, investment managers, trustees and clients.
- Lead research and recommendations forprivate equity and/or infrastructureinvestment opportunities.
- Identify and lead creative industry research projects and white papers
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of client and research-related work.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of finance and investment theory and practice and the ability to apply this knowledge to client and practice/research area work.
- Manage and deliver loosely defined and complex practice/research area work and client projects without supervision.
- Make presentations to and deal directly with clients on most, if not all, firm advice.
- Drive internal and external business development initiatives.
- Contribute as a specialist consultant to the completion of RFP’s and presentations for business development opportunities with prospective clients.
- Efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Provide leadership that contributes to the success of a practice/research area.
- MBA preferred.
- Seven to ten years private equity fund investing, principal investing, or related experience
- A strong understanding of investment concepts, specifically Private Equity and the financial markets.
- Deep knowledge and contacts within Private Equity industry. Knowledge of infrastructureinvesting also a benefit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects, receive instructions from a number of people and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player who can work with a team located in three offices (London, Chicago, Toronto).
- Good judgment and ability to form decisions without complete information
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit .
(NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.