GoldPoint Partners, a wholly-owned subsidiary and investment boutique of New York Life Insurance Company, currently manages $13 billion of private equity assets, comprised of:
- a fund advisory program committing to third party alternative investment funds on behalf of New York Life pursuant to a separately managed account and its fund-of-funds; currently fundraising and investing its fourth fund-of-funds with a targeted final size of $600 million;
- equity co-investment funds, currently investing its sixth co-investment fund with $850 million of commitments;
- mezzanine debt investment funds, currently investing its fourth mezzanine fund with $1.3 billion of commitments; and
- single investor private credit fund, primarily focused on second lien investments, with $200 million of commitments.
These assets are managed on behalf of a number of pension funds, financial institutions and high net worth investors around the world, as well as for New York Life.
GoldPoint Partners seeks a Private EquityAttorney with a minimum of 7 years experience at a leading Wall Street law firm or in-house asset management firm with a focus on private equity and debt investments, and Investment Advisers Act matters. This role is located at our office at 51 Madison Avenue, N.Y., N.Y. 10010; however, GoldPoint’s offices are moving to 299 Park Avenue (at 48th Street) in April 2019.
GoldPoint Partners currently has two attorneys, a General Counsel and Associate General Counsel. This Attorney will be the Firm’s second Associate General Counsel and report to GoldPoint Partners’ General Counsel. Similar to the Firm’s General Counsel and Associate General Counsel, this Attorney will be employed by New York Life but embedded with and support the GoldPoint Partners team.
- Liaise with the investment team and outside counsel on private fund investments in mezzanine debt, second lien, and minority equity co-investments
- Assist with the formation of GoldPoint’s proprietary funds, including drafting /coordination of PPMs, Limited Partnership Agreements, negotiating side letters with investors, and other required documentation
- Review and draft vendor agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Review marketing materials and RFPs
- Coordinate with outside counsel all licensing requirements related to non-US marketing outside and management of non-US assets
- Substantive transactional experience working on lender side mezzanine debt and second lien investments, and minority equity co-investments
- Knowledge of Investment Advisers Act
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, dependability and motivation
- Minimum of 7 years experience working for a law firm and/or in-house asset management firm
- JD Degree required
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New York