WSFS Bank is seeking a Relationship Manager to support our Wealth Client Management division. The Relationship Manager will primarily manage Private Banking relationships for high net worth individuals and have overall responsibility for the development of new relationships which involve the sale and servicing of credit and non-credit products including deposit products and on-line banking services. The Relationship Manager will attend to the needs of private banking customers primarily seeking consumer loans or lines of credit on an unsecured or secured basis. The Relationship Manager will also serve as the "conduit" for other Bank products and services, including our investment management subsidiaries, Trust, and brokerage services. The Relationship Manager will call on prospective clients, as well as medical and legal professionals, to develop new relationships, retain existing business, and promote additional bank services to current clients. The Relationship Manager will interview customers and prospects to develop information concerning their needs and financial condition in order to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk, and make decisions on loans and terms if within own lending limits. The Relationship Manager will service as Co-Advisor with in-house Investment Advisory to determine whether professional money management services are, and continue to be, appropriate for the client. In addition to keeping abreast of regulatory, economic and financial market trends, the Relationship Manager will actively participate in community functions, continue to expand their knowledge in all Private Banking services including credit and risk management, investments and insurance as well as real estate, retirement and tax planning.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm position located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in a Finance related field.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of commercial lending or Private Banking experience in the financial services industry in the Southeastern Pennsylvania and State of Delaware region.
- Knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts along with a strong knowledge of commercial and consumer loan and deposit products.
- CFP® certification is preferred for this position but not required. Series 6 or 7 is highly desired.
- Must be able to travel within the Bank's footprint to branch locations and visit customers.
- Results oriented, sales aptitude with demonstrated ability to achieve organizational and business goals.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Must have an excellent problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.