Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers' needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague's assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated. Provide financial expertise on Associated products and services to high net worth clients. Work closely with sales or relationship management team members in other business lines to develop relationships and ensure retention of total client assets and net growth in relationships for high net worth clients. The Private Banking Executive will assist in building loans, deposits, fee income, overall asset growth and financial planning. This will be accomplished by acting as a portal across Associated bringing together the right resources, providing convenience to clients, and providing organization wide tailored solutions to clients. Spends a significant portion of their time seeking out new business. Builds and maintains relationships with a large network of contacts in order to facilitate new business production.
This position requires a credit check per 12 CFR Chapter X, Part 1026, Truth in Lending, Regulation Z.
Responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying and matching customer needs throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Key Result Areas
New business development
Regulation and Compliance
- Responsible for profitable loan and deposit growth through lead lists, client portfolio and centers of influence to grow market share, as well as retain / grow existing portfolio. Client and prospect calling activity consists of telephone and in person calling.
- Develop financial expertise and familiarity with Associated’s products and services to ensure a superior customer service experience for the client. Provide a service level that consistently exceeds the expectations of the client.
- Responsible for growing assets under management by developing new business through proactive sales efforts with both existing clients and new customers. Responsible for expanding and deepening client relationships by comprehensively identifying clients’ needs and matching those needs to solutions within the business line & across all business lines of the Bank.
- Proactively maintains assets quality of loanportfolio through managing loan renewals, monitoring financial statements and maintaining current loan ratings monitoring covenant compliance. Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Establish good working rapport and creditability with other coworkers. Demonstrate ability to be a value added, complimentary member of the team. Support team selling initiatives, partnership activities, and cross business line referral objectives.
- Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends though bank approved sources.
- Actively participate in community and business functions/groups to promote the image of the Bank as an integral member of the community, committed to the goals and interests of the community. Establish referral contacts within the community.
- Initiate new business opportunities for the bank by building and expanding internal and external referral sources.
- Volunteer on a local board for a minimum of 50 hours annually.
- Partner with an Account Executive to maintain a book of business of $2.5 million or more.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, Finance, Accounting , Required
- Master's Degree , Preferred
7-10 years Sales experience. Strong knowledge of all banking products. Strong business development experience. Complexity-High. Advanced credit skills. , Required
- 2-4 years Commercial lending experience., Required
Customer Relations ,
Ability to Multi Task and Prioritize ,
Operate Office Equipment ,
Verbal Communication ,
Written Communication ,
Microsoft Office ,
Other: Working with the Professional Services market,
Other: In-depth knowledge of non-borrowing products,
Other: In depth-knowledge of lending products and policies,
Other: Understand macro and micro economics issues as they apply to business,
Other: Through understanding of risk (market, rate, leverage, etc) as it applies to the lending process.,
Other: Possess good marketing and presentation skills,
Other: Possess strong listening and profiling skills.,
Licenses and Certifications
CWS-Certified Wealth Strategist within 2 years, Required
CFP-Certified Financial Planner , Required
Series 7-Stockbroker Exam , Preferred
Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to lawfully drive self, if applicable. , Required