Privacy Officer - HealthcareTechnology
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop corporate-wide privacy and data protection principles, policies and practices as well as their implementation within the business unit. The Privacy Officer is responsible for coordinating all business unit activities associated with privacy, as well as monitoring all of the business unit products, services and systems to assure appropriate privacy practices.
You are responsible for the following
- Lead and coordinate business unit privacy activities, which include implementation and adherence to corporate policies in privacy, security, and confidentiality
- Conduct privacy impact assessments to help business assess and mitigate risks related to processing personal data
- Maintain existing policies, procedures, practices based on international laws, regulations and standards in the privacy and data protection
- Assist business in implementing privacy and data protection requirements throughout the lifecycle of medical products and health services, including Privacy by Design architecture
- Create/Collaborate with other Global Privacy Office members on policies, procedures, and practices that align and are consistent with Philips Privacy Code
- Work Cross functionally with multi-discipline groups on privacy matters
- Responsible for compliance related to privacy and security
- Lead/Support Incident, Event and Complaint management in privacy issues
- Keep up-to-date with new or revised government healthcarelaws and regulations pertaining to patient privacy to determine if new policies or modifications of current policies are needed
- Work with Corporate Legal to address privacy elements within customer contracts
- Apply and differentiate privacy principles relating to different data processing roles
- Document privacy data classification in the context of BU support, service and product data flow
- Assist in the development and delivery of privacy training and awareness
- Collaborate with Security Officers, Corporate Legal and management on privacy issues
- Participate in external organizations to share and collaborate on best practices
- Conduct ongoing compliance monitoring and report on privacy metrics
You are a part of
A team of dedicated Privacy professionals that work to ensure our business units area aware of legal implications of transactions, organizational developments, etc., and necessary conditions to prevent potential future legal risks. The Privacy Officer will work in conjunction with the Philips Head of Risk Management and Compliance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in the management of both physical and logical information security systems
- Strong technical skills (application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, securityaudits, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technology-related law and public policy experience, clinical research and related issues
- Certified International Privacy Professional Certification or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years experience in medical device industry, with familiarity in the legal/privacy and regulatory areas
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or regulatory/legal area with JDpreferred
- Familiarity with government regulations (i.e. EU 95/46, FDA and FTC regulations, Dutch Data Protection Directive, HIPAA, PIPEDA, US Patriot Act, British Columbia Act 73, Breach Notification laws, ISO and other standards bodies and international standards)
- Familiarly with network, system, and telecommunication security
- Proven technical writing and oral presentation skills
- Occasional travel may be required
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to apply your knowledge of international privacy laws and regulations and act as privacy consultant to the business throughout the lifecycle of medical products and health services.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.