Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America's fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold's suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the
As Privacy Officer for Bold Commerce, you will act as our resident expert in all data protection and privacy matters. You will oversee all activities related to technology-oriented privacy and data security issues within our business to ensure operational procedures are in compliance with relevant privacy laws and compliance requirements. This will include websites, applications, compliance, contracts, policies, training, investigations, industry self-regulation, external regulations, and legislation.
What you'll do
- Organize, coordinate, and manage cross-functional privacy projects
- Advise product, engineering, and business teams on privacy issues relating to Bold's products and services
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance with applicable privacy policies in compliance with privacy and data protection laws in existing and emerging markets
- Monitor and advise on applicable global laws and regulations
- Assess and make recommendations for improving privacy practices, including drafting and negotiating privacy and security contracts, assessing and implementing new technology and resources
- Provide guidance on data collection practices, data authentication, and lifecycle security
- Promote activities throughout the organization to foster data privacy awareness
- Lead or manage internal and external audits and implement audit recommendations
- Assist in security incident responses and internal investigations
- Assist in communication with regulators as necessary
- Maintain a high personal standard of service and performance by actively participating in other duties as assigned, education seminars, training programs, and professional development
What we're looking for
- A J.D. or LL.B. degree
- A license to practice law in your jurisdiction (we are open to candidates who reside in Canada or the United States)
- Expertise in interpreting and applying global data protection laws and regulations, including an in-depth understanding of PIPEDA, CCPA and GDPR
- In depth knowledge of software, security infrastructure and privacy related organisational issues
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data protection and privacy, preferably in technology industry
- Alternately, Privacy certification (CIPP/E or /US, CIPM), and at least 3+ years of experience in managing, operating data privacy and data protection programs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, able to communicate effectively with and provide direction to leaders and employees at every level of organization
- Collaborative, positive attitude, able to deal with diverse challenges in a calm, courteous, and effective manner
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and independently
- Motivated, passionate, and execution-oriented high performer with strong process and metrics focus
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold's mission and belief in our
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out .
Let's start the conversation
If you're a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you're proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!