- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, or other healthcare-related field
- Certification in Compliance (CHC, CCEP, CPCO, CHPC or similar) is required within one year of employment
- 5 years of experience in healthcare and/or privacy compliance or related field
- 2 years of experience in management or supervision
- Experience in and knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, and related privacy laws for a healthcare company
- Experience in the development and implementation of privacy policies, procedures, auditing, monitoring, and training programs
- Master's degree
- Experience in the pediatrics
- Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects and investigations and implement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and drive large-scale organizational change
- Must be strategic with excellent business acumen and financial skills
- Manages and implements the Children's Privacy Program and initiatives, consistent with federal and state regulations.
- Leads system-wide privacy initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Compliance.
- Communicates project progress, completions, and outcomes to appropriate leaders.
- Leads timely investigation and analysis of privacy matters.
- Communicates findings and action plans to Director of Compliance, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, and/or leadership.
- Creates system accountability for action items and collaborates with Human Resources on the application of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies.
- Collaborates with Legal to report breaches to the appropriate regulatory agency as required.
- Develops and implements system-wide privacy training and education and education for employees, volunteers, medical and professional staff, and applicable business associates.
- Conducts ongoing privacy risk assessments and compliance auditing and monitoring.
- Collaborates with the Information Security Officer and Director of Compliance to maintain an appropriate privacy and information security program plan.
- Serves as liaison to external government agencies and contact for incident response teams and external communications.
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids