The Privacy Engineering Manager supports and develops privacy impact assessments, technical risk analyses, and coordinates internal and external audits/assessments of Walgreens healthcare business’s privacy controls and procedures. This role works across Walgreens healthcare’s product portfolio, services, and infrastructure to ensure compliance with privacy requirements. The position is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise during the product/services planning and development process as well as analyzing existing systems and processes.
Detailed Position Description:
Plays a key role in Walgreens healthcare business’s user-facing architecture with the goal of increasing quality and throughput. Works across product lines and participates in discussions on the technical implementation of features impacting privacy.
- Develops and upholds quality standards of the privacy review and/or incident management process
- Provides technical guidance to an expanding team and chooses actionable goals in an unstructured environment. Disseminates learnings from privacy reviews and incidents to raise awareness and avoid reoccurring problems.
- Determines root cause of privacy incidents and implementation failures through an in-depth and technical investigative process.
- Scales capabilities via identification and implementation of foundational tooling and process improvements
- Develops actionable plans from the strategic roadmap for the technology that powers privacy solutions. May run test scenarios to measure and improve the usability of privacy features across products.
- Writes pragmatic, testable code that works consistently across devices.
- Assesses complex problems, proposes high-impact solutions, and implements against a set of effective criteria. Proactively encourages the development of new privacy features and tools.
- Analyzes existing systems and processes against privacy requirements and assist in designing changes when needed to improve compliance with regulations.
- Develops privacy impact assessments, technical risk analyses, and facilitating clarifications to the engineering aspects of regulations.
- Contributes to product/business strategy and initiatives to address and mitigate privacy risks.
- Guides engineering teams during product development to ensure data collection and usage practices are transparent, secure user privacy, and mitigate risk.
- Responds to privacy incidents, if necessary, including collecting information on scope and root cause. Manages remediation activities.
- Tracks product issues impacting privacy and ensures adequate remediation.
- Identifies areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.