Aon's Cyber Solutions is hiring an experienced technologist and problem-solver to join our growing technical privacy compliance practice within our DFIR practice.
This unique practice focuses on investigating data misuse, scraping, unauthorized third-party sharing, technical effectiveness of privacy controls, and the technical facts underlying assertions in privacy policies and descriptions of app features and functions. We are seeking a seasoned professional passionate about privacy and capable of helping us support major Internet, social media, communications, marketing, analytics and other data-driven companies as they mature their data handling processes and align technical data flows with their privacy policies and public statements about features and functionality.
We are the only firm in the market that can offer clients solutions at every step of the cyber life cycle. Our Digital Forensics and Incident Response ("DFIR") division is a rapidly growing team of deeply passionate technical consultants with a strong reputation for conducting some of the most sophisticated cyber and privacy investigations. With state-of-the-art labs and a large remote contingent across the country, the DFIR team is developing a geographically-distributed group of consultants working closely to solve investigations and help our clients become more resilient to cyber-attacks and more compliant with privacy regulations and the clients' own policies and statements on data handling, privacy, and security. The team works closely together to ensure we are learning, growing, focusing on career development, and continuously innovating as a practice. We are a people business and you are our greatest asset - we invest heavily in our people in the form mentorship and hefty training budgets to attend security training and conferences.
- Play in integral role cutting-edge privacy compliance investigations, including mapping data flows, and investigating how APIs, SDKs, logon, deletion, third-party data sharing, data deletion and other processes, features and functions with privacy implications work.
- Perform traditional forensics and incident response investigations using host-based and network forensics in on-prem and cloud environments.
- Lead & supervise teams of consultants during investigations and provide written and verbal updates to internal and external partners.
- Produce high-quality, factual, and objective executive summaries, full forensic reports, and affidavits based on conclusions drawn from analysis.
- Coordinate with other practices within Aon's Cyber Solutions, including Threat Intel, Advisory, and Testing teams, to deliver comprehensive support to clients.
- Support senior and junior DFIR team members through internal training and mentorship.
- Participate in and/or spearhead innovation efforts to maintain best-in-class capabilities, and original thought leadership.
- Professional experience analyzing forensic artifacts from Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems, as well as network-based artifacts (i.e., firewall and netflow logs).
- Proficiency with using the aforementioned operating systems, and in particular the core Windows and Unix command line tools.
- Ability to read and write complex source code in at least one of: Python, Rust, Go, C/C++, or Java.
- Familiarity with relational and NoSQL database management systems such as Postgres, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of common web application and REST API architectures, design patterns, and technologies.
- Proficiency with deploying applications and/or conducting forensic analysis in one of: AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Passion for learning new concepts, frameworks, and technologies and applying them to real world investigations. Will actively and autonomously seek out explanations to unfamiliar concepts/terms.
- Experience writing technical and non-technical briefs with keen attention to detail, and presenting technical findings, in a corporate setting under the direction of legal counsel.
- Experience leading a technical team (engineers, consultants, etc.) on medium and long-term projects (6 to 12 months).
- Experience performing as part of a larger team and working with peers (including in other practice areas) to get work done efficiently.
We offer you
- 3+ years as a DFIR professional with deep expertise in Windows and Linux forensics.
- Ability to triage malware sample functionality using static and dynamic analysis.
- 3+ years of software development experience using one of: Python, Rust, Go, or C/C++.
- In-depth knowledge of how relational database systems like Postgres and MySQL store and query data. Comfortability with writing complex SQL queries.
- Proficiency with building and deploying REST APIs and/or websites in production environments.
- Extensive use of a cloud provider like AWS, GCP, or Azure to build, deploy, monitor, and conduct forensics on applications.
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience . About Aon:
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.