Print Production / Traffic Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
AIG is hiring a Production and Traffic Manager for the Woodland Hills, CA campus.
Purpose of the Position:
- Purpose of the Position: As a key resource within a four-person production team, manage print production for marketing projects and serve as print manager, budgetary liaison and resource for senior project managers in procuring quality print within budgetary constraints. Individual Contributor
- Manage the production of printed marketing collateral for product marketing teams (except regulatory/financial print) including but not limited to: consumer brochures, sales ideas, meeting materials, postcards, customized direct mailings, fliers, booth art, structured graphic print, folders, and variable print projects.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Designers to ensure quality of production projects and the best execution of creative translated to print. May be asked to attend press checks
- Follow established trafficking procedures for tasks to include: maintaining and managing Works In Progress; tracking and routing of print-ready art files and printer proofs; updating job data using tracking software; sending shipping/delivery notifications for print materials, etc.
- Using internal job tracking software (will train) candidate may create new jobs, update open jobs, and close out completed jobs.
- Follow department procedures in managing print workflow from conception through specifications, estimates, communicating with vendors regarding job awards, production timelines and delivery
- Create and maintain production timelines for vendors, project managers, and all other stakeholders, in order to meet delivery deadlines. Knowledge of Excel highly desirable.
- Work with Director of Production and Marketing Managers on conferences/meetings, which may include creation of agendas, in-house printing, or production and coordination of deliverables.
- Occasionally order photos or art from stock image houses.
- Working with Marketing Managers, help to coordinate personalization and customization of marketing material, which might include obtaining photos of salespeople, signatures, etc.
- Assist with management of digital assets, such as basic archival of final printer files and images.Knowledge of servers and file management highly desirable.
- Help with other department specific tasks, which may include:
- Marketing job database queries
- Managing spreadsheets for large-scale projects
- Review/reconcile vendor invoices
- Support/backup other Print Production/Traffic Managers when required
7 years of print production experience, preferably in a corporate or agency setting.
OR an Associate's Degree and 5 yrs. of experience
OR a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 yrs. experience
Strong preference towards candidates skilled in MS Office and Adobe CS, Mac OSX