Lauded by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast, World Nomads Solo Traveler, USA Today, and voted the leader in solo travel, Vantage Travel has curated deluxe river and small ship cruises, land adventures, safaris, family and culinary journeys since 1983. Through an enriching roster of included features and Cultural Connections, half a million travelers have experienced firsthand the culture, cuisine, history, and wildlife of more than 80 countries on all seven continents.
Why Work For Us?
If you’ve got a passion for travel and thrive in a dynamic environment where you’ll make an exciting impact on travelers around the world, Vantage may be your dream employer! As we expand our portfolio of travel experiences — including river and small ship cruises and land adventures — and our customer base, we increasingly seek creative, progressive, and motivated professionals to join the Vantage team in our Boston headquarters or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Buenos Aires, Beijing, and Cape Town.
We offer a robust benefit package including your choice of top medical, dental and vision insurance plans, free international travel, a minimum of 3 weeks vacation to start, 3 personal days to use as you wish, lunch walks, wellness initiatives and more.
The Print Production & Traffic Manager traffics, schedules, coordinates and tracks all creative services jobs, from initial request to final production, distribution, and storage. Oversees and estimates all print production components (mainly catalogs & direct mail) as required through completion and delivery, ensuring that they are produced in a cost-efficient manner and mailed on a timely basis. Also helps to support and traffic various projects for other groups within the Marketing Department.
As Print Production & Traffic Manager, you are responsible for managing project schedules, deliverables, and establishing clear communication among team members and company stakeholders. In this key role you will have multiple and varied projects under your supervision and will have overall responsibility to ensure quality of the deliverables on time, per their project plan. The ability to facilitate rapid change management is a must. It is the Print Production Traffic Manager’s responsibility to have clear deliverables, promote teamwork, and ensure timely communication among teams and team members. Past experience in creative and/or technical management of marketing projects is required. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
- Oversee relationship with vendors: manage budgets, track costs, quality and negotiate schedules
- Review print requirements and the forecasting jobs; In collaboration with finance reconcile invoices against forecast.
- Create and maintain schedules for all marketing projects. Notify relevant parties of changes, omissions and possible conflicts. Prioritize projects internally and externally to meet schedules.
- Track all jobs, including schedule, quantity, cost, and status.
- Work with Marketing leadership to assign appropriate team to projects.
- Communicate with Marketing leadership and team on a daily basis to stay ahead of requests.
- Create and produce reports on jobs, budgets, and inventory, and publishes reports to inform internal departments of work in process.
- Meet with and keep database of capabilities of production vendors, including printers, mail shops, promo companies, and storage facilities.
- Work to keep vendors costs as low as possible, while keeping product quality as high as possible.
- Work with printers: write specifications, quote specs, file preparation for press, color proof, approve quality of printed work, coordinate mailing lists and postage for mailed pieces.
- Make production suggestions and advise Marketing leadership and designers of print options such as inks, paper, and various technology options. Advise vendors of budgets that require creative cost-saving solutions.
- Evaluate workflow efficiency on an ongoing basis and ensure accurate completion of projects to meet deadlines.
- Serves as resource on documentation standards and production, as well as logo and design style when appropriate.
- Review all components and ensure that internal proofing procedures are followed.
- Review files and check/proofread projects as appropriate.
- Attends press approvals when required.
- Sources and purchases promotional materials and manages e-store supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years Print production/3+ years project management experience (bonus if you worked on the vendor side)
- Strong knowledge of the print process – including understanding catalog/direct mail production processes and conducting press checks, audits. (interactive experience a plus)
- Knowledge of mailing standards required.
- Basic understanding of list management and postal implications to identify potential problems that could be
- reflected either in cost or response rate.
- Capable of acting as a project leader, providing direction to teammates, cross functional teams and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Exceptional project management capabilities, as well as the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work within strategic guidelines and meet them utilizing knowledge of timelines and manufacturing.
- Ability to juggle many projects of different kinds and cost - and support the company as required in the day
- to day business operations.
- Must be team oriented.
- Overtime is sometimes required.
- Excellent organization and project management abilities
- Highly Communicative and proactive
This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.
Some of our benefits include
- Your choice of employer-subsidized medical plans, as well as comprehensive dental and vision plans and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation time alongside 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
- 401K with generous employer match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements depending on position
- Free international travel opportunities for associates, plus 25% discount on all trips for the associate and their family and personal airline ticket discounts
- 90% subsidy on MBTA passes inside of Boston and up to 50% subsidy on commuter rail passes
- Wellness program offering weekly fresh fruit delivery, earn a stipend for completing the program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.