Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary: General Summary
The Principal User Researcher will have full responsibility of the new Usability Lab and will lead user research/usability testing across all Unum US product lines ensuring optimal use of the lab by partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization. Working closely with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, Corporate Research, Marketing, and IT leadership to advocate on behalf of end users to ensure conformance to usability and accessibility guidelines for the next generation of products and services.
The User Researcher will use their wide-ranging subject matter expertise to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. The role will champion large scale and complex user research projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity, while passionately advocating for the end-user. They will exercise excellent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, scope, execute, and report field study and usability testing programs
- Curate user personas and use scenarios to promote customer first thinking
- Advocate a culture of ‘customer first’ interactions; evangelize research findings, build empathy in product teams
- Develop reliable methods for testing accessibility conformance
- Champion large scale and complex user research projects, programs and business initiatives
- Help develop and mentor the skills of others that are in various roles
- Implore product direction based on evidence-based research; develop a reputation as the customer SME
- Oversee all aspects of the user research lab, tools and implement best practices
- Work with UX designers to define concepts, user interaction models and workflows
- Incorporate quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Act as a strong proponent of Web Accessibility compliance and led the cross-functional team to drive awareness and incorporation of accessibility into ongoing design efforts.
- Contribute to corporate wide research strategy
- Ensure high quality project communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
- Will keep abreast of emerging research methodology and develop and extend research methods and practices of the team
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or Sociology or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of work experience in user research or related field
- Demonstrated experience gathering user requirements, conducting field studies, usability testing, and questionnaire/survey design all using variety of research methods ranging from exploratory (contextual inquiry, ethnography, interviews) to user interface/design research
- Proven ability to challenge the status-quo, develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- Must communicate clearly and effectively to senior stakeholders; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Well versed with accessibility specifications and evaluation criteria.