Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
Check us out online!
Agero on LinkedIN
Agero on Glassdoor
Agero News on Twitter
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Formulates strategic IT technology plans for the enterprise. Uses this information to significantly influence future IT roadmaps and strategies. Prepares enterprise-wide architectural strategy and gap analysis recommendations, commensurate with business direction, for presentation to senior IT management. Ensures that application design aligns with the organization's strategic technology direction. Provides consultation in regard to application technical and functional design assistance, technical requirement specification, and level of effort estimates. Recommends strategies for improving system applications with a focus on ease of deployment, security, extensibility, reliability, stability, performance and total cost of ownership.
- Sets strategic direction and provides technical leadership and mentoring to project teams.
- Researches, develops proof of concepts and introduces new technologies into the Technology organization. Develops tools for integrating new technologies and associated technical skill sets into the mainstream Engineering teams (e.g. documentation, training, mentoring, etc).Provides recommendations and assessment of development/test/production environments for interrelated areas (server, storage, database, network, security) design, implementation, documentation (standards, processes, controls) and operational management of infrastructure related products and services.
- Serves as expert in multiple leading edge technologies and provides leadership in planning for the future of a technology area.
- Works across the enterprise at all levels as a visionary with an understanding of corporate strategy, to proactively assist in defining the direction of future projects.
- Maintains understanding of industry best practices across all platforms.
- Drives out inefficiencies and cost savings in platform, product and operational areas.
- Develops highly sophisticated technology plans, cost-benefit analysis, and whitepapers that require the integration of multiple technologies.
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise's overall systems architecture.
- Brings technical knowledge from external sources and incorporates those ideas into IT.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise's architecture needs.
- Develops strategies and direction for systems and solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Provides oral and written presentations on current and emerging technologies, in order to educate key stakeholders regarding technical issues.
- Approves and modifies design and architecture to ensure compliance; evaluates and recommends new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience. Advanced degree in related field a plus
EXPERIENCE: 8 years software application development and design experience. 4 years progressively increasing project or management experience. Object-oriented programming and analysis skills. Practical experience with ResTful services, WCF, XML and HTML. Demonstrated expertise with application level security concepts. Experience required with system analysis, design and architecture. Strong technology experience required developing multi-tiered systems and technical writing skills. Knowledge of process life-cycle analysis, project management methodologies and project planning methodologies. Practical hands on experience in C#, CLR is a must. Experience in working on case tools like Visio, Enterprise architect is highly desired. Demonstraated experience working in a highly technical role as an influencer to both technology and business teams and stakeholders.
COMPLEXITY: Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Utilizes strong decision making skills, time management and communicates well with other team members. Identifies problems and recommends/implements solutions. Demonstrates ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works in a team environment on cross-functional teams. Must be able to work with both business users and software developers. Works with peers to understand and take ownership of enterprise application infrastructure. Negotiates effectively with business stakeholders pros/cons of a particular technology approach. Ability to influence others and persuad consensus is key.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Sets and works within deadlines. Must be able to manage client expectations as they relate to project scope. Participates in meetings and conference calls with clients.