Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The principal software engineer will be responsible for projects in all stages of software development, from proof of concept to pilot to production. The focus of this position will be the technical software lead on Service Systems projects. The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills, is able to collaborate in an agile team environment, work with cross-functional global teams (electrical, software, IT, mobile applications, data analytics, innovation, service operations, etc.) and external engineering design service providers.
- Collaborate closely with Global Otis component teams to plan, oversee and implement service systems software projects. These projects will include embedded software, as well as mobile and cloud applications
- Technical software lead on project execution across components. Address technical issues, ensure team accomplishes goals and meets schedules.
- Promote strong requirements definition and capture
- Additional functions include risk management, interface design, code reviews, testing and requirements verification
- Ensure software is developed and released in compliance with the Otis Software Process (OSP)
- Coordinate projects including scheduling, facilitating project meetings with development teams, risk analysis and mitigation, and project cost tracking
- Participate in the Passport (program review) process including material preparation and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Results-driven, work as part of team or independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to meet commitments
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with elevator/escalator systems or other complex mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of maintenance, service methods, IoT or remote diagnostics/troubleshooting
- Experience leading off-shore teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 7 years of relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68678BR