Principle Software Engineer, Front End: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
VF Corporation is searching for an experienced front-end expert to play a critical role in developing our next generation eCommerce ecosystem. This individual will help drive the selection of technical components to deliver outstanding consumer experiences and act as an implementation lead leveraging these building blocks. The Principal Software Engineer will serve as a mentor for Software Engineers dedicated to Scrum teams focused on delivering digital commerce capabilities to our exciting brands: Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Icebreaker, Altra, Eagle Creek, Napapijri, Eastpak, Kipling, Smartwool, Jansport, and Workwear segment. The successful candidate will also partner closely with technical experts – including, but not limited to Architects – in defining reusable patterns, developing code standards/guidelines, and creating a review process that ensures quality across the development pipeline. Additionally, the Principal Software Engineer will own the identification of trends in the front-end space, outline POCs, and along with other Engineers, determine go-forward adoption of researched technologies and frameworks.
- Partner closely with Product Managers and Product Owners to develop the overall Digital Commerce product strategy and road map.
- Evaluate and recommend key technology elements for the front-end and content management areas of the next-gen platform.
- To works hands-on with developers and contribute to the code base.
- Follow the best practices in developments and improve them.
- Create engineering’s designs and help with the implementations.
- Collaborate with Solution and Enterprise Architects to ensure technical direction lines up with broader Digital strategies.
- Acts as primary technical contact for items related to front-end and content management, interfacing with members of brand teams, operations/support, analytics, customer experience, and others.
- Connect the product road map to development iterations and releases
- Participate in an Agile squad (scrum team), helping the group meet delivery schedules
- Working with the Product Manager, define KPI's to measure/monitor implementation progress and value, as well as the on-going state of the platform(s).
- Facilitate the involvement and training of Support/Operations personnel on the new product.
Skills for Success:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience required
- 8+ years overall software development with 5+ years focused solely on front-end development
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer in Agile scrum teams highly desired
- Familiarity with eCommerce architecture a plus Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence or similar tracking and management tools Skills Expert in Vue.js or other applicable frameworks
- Strong technical ability in HTML, CSS and frontend technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in shipping and supporting multiple production web applications
- Experience consuming real-time APIs Familiarity with RESTful APIs and emerging integration trends (GraphQL, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to mentor/direct other engineers is required.