Cireson is a small, but growing software company that is obsessed. with culture and work-life balance. We are looking for highly motivated (and fun!) people to join our awesome software development team. Our company has always been profitable and we are bootstrapping our way to success with no investors to tell us what to do. We are NOT working on the next blahblah.ly social semantic cloud graph thing. We build real-world solutions that IT departments at Fortune 500 companies, major universities, and many other types of customers all over the world depend on every day for their operations. Oh, and did we mention, we work when & where we are the most productive!
More about Cireson:
Cireson is a software + services company specializing in complimenting and enhancing Microsoft's System Center suite of IT management products. One side of our business focuses on building great products that add capabilities to System Center. The other side of our business offers consulting services to companies large and small to help them effectively deploy and optimize System Center and Cireson's products. We are a fast growing company expanding on the growth of the System Center product line and our growing influence in the community as we try to help out other people with our knowledge and experience. Our philosophy is to build great solutions, provide our customers with the best service, give back to the community, and everything else will follow. Join us!
The Lead Engineer/Architect will lead a small team of software engineers responsible for the development of the web-based platform and products. You will ensure projects are completed on time and with high quality. This position will mentor, train, and motivate team members to increase their proficiency, efficiency, and effectiveness. It will establish and improve processes and will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Product.
Essential Job Duties
- Solve complex software engineering tasks
- Troubleshoot and solve code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Create automated unit and integration tests
- Follow established coding standards and practices
- Collaborate with members of a SCRUM team to ensure success (Product Owners, Engineers, QA, Designer)
- Participate in all SCRUM related events such as Sprint Planning, Retrospectives and Backlog Grooming
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal and external customers
- Stay current with industry standard tools and technologies
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements into Use Cases and Acceptance Criteria
- Document and execute Acceptance Tests
- Automate Acceptance Tests when/where possible
- Perform risk analysis on each work item completed by a SCRUM Team
- Coordinate and participate in risk-based regression testing for a SCRUM Team
- Maintain the Test Case Library
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed
- Work with little or no supervision
- Mentor other engineers
- 10+ Years of Software Engineering & Architecture
- Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
- Understanding business contrasts and interactively building solutions to make customer needs
Skills & Expertise (Intermediate Level):
- C# .NET 4.0 Framework or higher
- LINQ, Generics, Lambda expressions, extension methods, attributes
- ORM Frameworks (Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- IoC containers e.g. Unity, MEF, Ninject
- Web Services and serialization, XML, JSON, SOAP, WCF, REST
- Test Case Management
- Test Automation
- Unit testing using mock objects
- Design patterns and object-oriented programming
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and the SQL language
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Memory management, performance tuning and profiling
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to lead by example
- Works effectively in a team setting
- Works efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Resilient to change
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced, fun environment to work in.
- We have great people all over the place, even one in New Zealand!
- Top quality equipment to work on.
- Competitive pay and paid healthcare.
- 401k plan & matching.
- College savings plans.
- Gym reimbursement and other fun perks as we come up with them.
- Company Retreats (San Diego, Mexico, Santa Barbara, Park City, just to name a few past locations)
- Flexible hours (within reason).
- Training and support to help you grow your career.
- Option to work from home or work remotely.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines