- Oversee the scientific projects with the down stream process group.
- Development of scalable chromatographic techniques for the purification of protein candidates.
- Consolidation of purification steps for the construction of purification processes.
- Optimization and scale-up of purification processes for transfer to a contract manufacturing organisation for GMP manufacture.
- Assist in the technical transfer of purification processes to a relevant CMO.
- Invention of suitable in-process controls in order to follow the purification process.
- Generation of technical documents capturing the construction of purification processes.
- Technical review of draft batch manufacturing records.
- Generation of draft IPC protocols.
- To perform intellectual property sign-off and scientific review of Emergent generated data.
- To communicate ideas and experimental designs with colleagues and manger.
- To monitor and communicate progress and highlight delays or potential risks to project timelines.
- To report on progress on a regular basis, both within the downstream group and other vaccine programme teams.
- Actively train other members of the process development and manufacturing team in purification techniques.
- PhD in Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 8 years experience.
- In-depth knowledge of purification and filtration techniques.
- Experience of working at both lab and manufacturing scale.
- Knowledge of fermentation (eukaryotic and prokaryotic systems) and analytical techniques.
- Ability to solve complex and varied problems independently
- Experience with analytical data analysis.