We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our team and support the discovery research group at Gossamer Bio. This position will play a key role in our discovery efforts. The successful candidate will support all discovery stage pharmaceutics including; small molecule physicochemical characterization, salt/polymorph screening, stability assays and formulation development for toxicology studies. We are looking for individuals who embrace our core values of putting people and patients first, working in a collaborative team environment that encourages growth and learning.
- Responsible for day-to-day small molecule pre-formulation and formulation to drive medicinal chemistry programs to enable compound screening.
- Design/conduct development studies (formulation development as well as analytical characterization and control of small-scale stability studies), accurately interpret the outcome of the studies and propose appropriate follow-up studies with minimal guidance, applying scientific and regulatory knowledge
- Support preclinical formulations (drug delivery) for pharmacology and toxicology studies to achieve the desired PK coverage in preclinical studies.
- Characterize and optimize preclinical drug candidates' solid-state phase properties (pharmaceutics, stable polymorph ID, salt selection, etc.)
- Work internally and with external partners (CROs and consultants) to help drive discovery projects.
- Communicate own work effectively orally and in writing
- Prepare technical protocols and reports
- Report and treat data with a high level of integrity and ethics
Experience & Education
- BS/MS with 6 plus years of experiences or Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field with 2 plus years of pharmaceutical formulation experience
- Strong analytical background
- Extensive knowledge of pre-formulation for small molecules
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage a formulation project without oversight
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude.