Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of1990.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Plan and manage the design, development and implementation of programs across multiple business units to provide defense, aerospace, and commercial customers with best-in-industry innovation and technology combined with a single point ofcontact for their programs, resulting in unparalleled customer service.
You are responsible for
- Develop a statement of work and plan for the program
- Define technical scope, capability and details of program requirements, customer needs and organizations deliverables
- Surface and track all required customer deliverables within theorganization's cross functional teams
- Obtain and manage the necessary cross-functional resources across theaccount portfolio of programs. Drive to maximize corporate resource utilization
- Handle requests from senior management, sales, pre- and post-sales support, manufacturing, or customers to ensure the program's progress and success
- Oversee the requirements of the account to ensure meeting customer commitments for schedules and deliverables
- Identify and resolve critical issues, such as product delivery delays, and changes to customer requirements to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with Sales and Capture Leads from various business units to scope and bound a new program. Understand the business needs and market requirements. May take lead role on capture and/or proposal efforts, or serve as contributing team member
- Work on Strategic Account Teams in pursuit of new business opportunities
- Create overall Program Work Breakdown Structure; work with cross functional team to develop program schedule, risk strategies, and costs; work with Product Managers, Contracts, and the Business Unit to create program pricing; manage the same
- Identify out of scope activities and, with appropriate review bymanagement, make recommendations and commitments to the customer. Negotiate additional charges, funding, and/or timeline impacts
- Manage to quarterly revenue and cash flow goals, and percentage ofcompletion milestones for all programs in the account portfolio
- Monitor the on-going lifecycle of the program in support of theBusiness Unit, meeting its objectives and profitability goals
- Craft the development and continuous improvement of key business processes
- Participate or lead teams in the recommendation and/or validation of new business systems to support the organization
- Support Director of Programs, as required, in representing the department in key meetings and task force groups
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years direct program management experience outward facing tocustomer for development programs
- Experience in managing $10M + projects/programs
- Extensive working knowledge of program management techniques and contract accounting
- Project Management experience with developmental electronics programs, software programs and/or avionics black boxe
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong team leadership skills in matrix management environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with customers and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplined professionals to understand and make necessary tradeoffs and decisions
- Intermediate level of experience with MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen/judgment; ability to make trades and provide specific recommendations to senior management, partners, and thecustomer's business leaders
- High level of organization
- Understanding in the use and reporting of Percentage of Completion Accounting or Earned Value Management
- Must have an active secret clearance or the ability to obtain one