Parsons is one of the world’s largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning. Parsons has the people and power to move the world. POSITION OVERVIEW:
This position will support a major transit project in the Montreal area in the area of OCSengineering design. Candidate should be bilingual and be fluent in French and preferably haveexperience working in Montreal. Principle OCS Engineer duties include the following:
- Prepare detailed OCS drawings, specifications and cost estimates, as well as coordinate with a team of other OCS and related discipline engineers.
- Prepare calculations of technical sheets, conductor particulars, structure and component loadings and detailed equipment specification and design.
- Coordinate with other OCS engineers and CADD Operators in-house and offsite to produce OCS drawings.
- Work independently and also work well in a team environment.
- Prepare design reports and identify changes in scope of work as work progresses.
- Review contractor’s submittals, make recommendations or conformance with client requirements and industry standards.
- Participate and oversee field inspection, analysis and resolution of field installation issues and participate in Field Testing of Overhead Contact Systems, as well as Integrated Testing with Traction Power and other related systems.
- Interface with Clients and attend meetings with in-house partners, and 3rd party representatives on behalf of Parsons.
- B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- PE License in Quebec, or ability to get a license within 3 months of hire
- 12+ years experience in OCS design and construction support with strong design-build experience
- Experience in structural design of OCS poles, with various ancillary cables and equipment, and foundations a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
- Proficiency in using MS Office programs and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. (Proficiency with these CADD programs a plus).